Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
E-320
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' E-320 and the CD's I play in my MB factory installed CD changer skips a lot. The same CD's when used at home on my CD player works fine. Also what I have observed that a lot of CD's play perfectly fine in car's CD changer ( for 2-3 weeks) and after some time of playing they start skipping - sometimes no audio at all. I presume that this should be under the 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty. Please advise what should I do.

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
cd changer

If I were in your shoes:

If you are under warranty, by all means replace the changer. I will bet you money that the laser is out of line. It happened to 3 different changers in two different vehicles of mine. I finally switched to Alpine. Everybody knows this is a weakness of MB changers. Don't accept anything less than a new one. But be nice to them.[:D]

·
Registered
E-320
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: cd changer

Thanks for the response - I have an appointment for the 13th of this month - my warranty is good until May 2003 - let me see what the dealer has to say - yes I wil ask him to replace the CD changer.
Thanks,
Saad
If I were in your shoes:

If you are under warranty, by all means replace the changer. I will bet you money that the laser is out of line. It happened to 3 different changers in two different vehicles of mine. I finally switched to Alpine. Everybody knows this is a weakness of MB changers. Don't accept anything less than a new one. But be nice to them.[:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts