Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 E350 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I can;t find in the COMAND operator's manual for my new (to me) 2009 E350 how to turn the stupid radio off if I'm tired of listening to it but still want the NAVI on.
The only way I've found is to mute the radio. But then, when I wanted to turn up the volume on the NAVI (I could barely hear her) the radio came back on as soon as I turned up the NAVI volume. So, I muted the radio again, and the next time NAVI talked, it was back to barely audible.
What am I doing wrong?

krswen

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
Try this - mute the radio. When the navi girlie starts talking, immediately turn up the volume - if you do it *while* she's talking, it should only turn up the Navi, and leave the Radio muted. I've also selected AUX input, and had nothing connected before which results in glorious silence except for Navi-girl and my exhaust! :)

FYI, this works on my SLK - which is a different "flavor" of COMAND vs the E, but take a look at page 34 of your COMAND manual - looks right to me.

·
Registered
2009 E350 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I'll try your recommendations this weekend.
I'm sure once we get more familiar with the system it will get easier, but right now some of the software is just maddeningly unintuitive.

krswen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts