Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a slightly used E300. It has a lot of extra features. I bought it because it was on the lot, low miles and I thought a good price. After I got the car, I noticed a dent in the center of the steering wheel. Where you would beep the horn. I asked the dealer if they would replace it and they said yes. When I brought the car back, I asked if they could fix some things under warranty. There was a big list. Turns out the part came in wrong so, I had to go back. They fixed about half of the requested items and told me that I didn't know how to work the car for the rest. At the time, it could have been true.

About 2 or 3 weeks later, I brought the car back. Now I do know how to work the car. Same list. They replaced cables and I don't know what else. When I picked up the car, everything was fixed. The next day a bunch was broken again.

Now I'm wondering if the problems will ever go away. Mostly electrical. I get parking warning all the time and warnings that I'm going to hit someone. I have a rattle in the dash. The windshield wipers shutter. In the morning when I get in the car, settings are changed. Sometimes the easy entry doesn't go back to the driving position. Sometimes the auto high beams don't work and then they'll start again.

I think there is a bare wire or water got in or maybe just a loose cable.

I traded in a perfectly good paid off E 350 which I should have kept or maybe a BMW?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You don’t mentioned the year, but your thoughts were similar to mine with loose cable or flood car, with one other possibility: weak battery. Low voltage can cause all sorts of gremlins in modern cars.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My first thought also was flood car. Not that it is the tell all but did you pull a car fax? We just pick up a 04 Ml350 for my daughter some how not exactly sure how she went to Carfax entered the VIN it asked "do you own this car" after saying yes she got a free report. If you have the title what does it say?

Seems in CT there is a washing of titles, so to speak, going on.

https://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?Q=596322&A=807

Hirnbeiss is have you checked battery/ies voltage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
wallyo
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing