Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
AMG E55
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tried a 18" front and 19" rear setup on an e55. Is it possible. I like the way it looks on the NSX and I think it would add a meaner llok to the already powerfull stance my euro e55 has. Maybe luke you might have seen or heard of this and maybe some thoughts if you would. thankx

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am going to have to say it is possable. But you could run into a lot of problems. Su...

I am going to have to say it is possable. But you could run into a lot of problems. Such as your spedo will be way off haveiing 18 up front and 19 in back also the tire wear will be faster. And there should be a handeling improvement but there is a potential for it to cause handeling problems but is very doubtfull.

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
I am sure it would work as long as you get the correct tread width/aspect ratio for each e...

I am sure it would work as long as you get the correct tread width/aspect ratio for each end.

But it still begs the question, why? You like the look of having more sidewall on the front wheels?

Sounds silly to me.

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
I am sure it would work as long as you get the correct tread width/aspect ratio for each e...

I am sure it would work as long as you get the correct tread width/aspect ratio for each end.

But it still begs the question, why? You like the look of having more sidewall on the front wheels?

Sounds silly to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the nsx the tire has the same aspect ratio as the rear. You do not run a higher aspe...

On the nsx the tire has the same aspect ratio as the rear. You do not run a higher aspect ratio on the front tires. The purpose is to get more traction on the rear of the car and to have a more agressive stance with the front end being lower than the rear

·
Registered
AMG E55
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so would it work or will it throw the e55 out of wack...

so would it work or will it throw the e55 out of wack

·
Registered
AMG E55
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so would it work or will it throw the e55 out of wack...

so would it work or will it throw the e55 out of wack

·
Registered
20 Posts
For it to work well you would have to do some suspension and chasi mods. Other wise you...

For it to work well you would have to do some suspension and chasi mods. Other wise you will either have killer over or understeer. But it is possible for it to work.

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
Re: On the nsx the tire has the same aspect ratio as the rear. You do not run a higher aspe

On the nsx the tire has the same aspect ratio as the rear. You do not run a higher aspect ratio on the front tires. The purpose is to get more traction on the rear of the car and to have a more agressive stance with the front end being lower than the rear
I know how it works, but it would still be stupid on the E55 or any Merc.

If any of the high-priced tuners did it, it might be ok, but there is no real reason for it.

You will just get more sidewall height in the front (to compensate for the smaller wheel) which will result in poorer handling.

Stick to the same size wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts