Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my 82 300D Turbo today. I got out of the car to go shopping, came back and the car wouldnt even turn over. I thought to my self, must be a dead battery, and so I got somebody to jump me. Car started right up and I took off for home. 10 miles later I get home, try to start up the car again and nothing happened. The battery is fairly new so im ruling that out. I was thinking the alternator is not working for some reason... Is there any wires or something along the line that I can check before shelling out 200 bucks for a rebuilt one? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anthony,<br> I have an'85 500SEC (w126). Recently, I had a similar problem. It turned out to be the OVP<br> over voltage protection relay. Check out the fuse box. Mine is silver with a red cap. The red cap has a clear door/lid. The red fuse inside had vibrated loose. It was still good, just loose.<br> With the fuse out, the whole red cap will come off. Gently with a fine pair of needle nose; tighten the contacts for the fuse. Re-assemble.<br> Good luck, John F.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.