Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can get your own Maybach with Jewels plated on the side. If you're driving and you get hungry, but don't have any cash on you, feel free to either eat the diamonds or rip one off and give it to the fastfood worker as a means of compensation.

Notice how in this picture, the person putting the diamonds on the car is flipping everyone off. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Here's the link:
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000870039834

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
I've tolerated this Maybach ridiculousness up until now , but that is inexcuseable!! What kind of asshole do you have to be to put a diamond trim in your car. I'm going to take a drive in my '92 Corolla (rusty and uninsured) to ease this queasy feeling.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
ThrillKill - 5/3/2005 2:56 PM

I've tolerated this Maybach ridiculousness up until now , but that is inexcuseable!! What kind of asshole do you have to be to put a diamond trim in your car. I'm going to take a drive in my '92 Corolla (rusty and uninsured) to ease this queasy feeling.
My thoughts exactly. I really dunno why people do these things. Do you blame Maybach Brand for offering this? Or do you blame the clients for being ABSOLUTELY PETTY?

Brad

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
I blame us insatiable American consumers. We buy this shit....put it on M.T.V. and the whole world follows in suit.....Calling us materialistic assholes all the while..........Whew, I gotta lay off those double, half caff, mocha latte's, babe. ciao xoxoxox

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Honestly though, You know the type of ppl that do this to their cars. I wont label anyone here cuz i know the next topic will be that I am a prejudice, but NO ONE can type here that they don't agree with me. The same way they praise violence towards women, drug use, and other illegal activities in their "songs" (if u want to call RAP music a song)........is the same way they think that owning a maybach with diamonds imbedded in it makes them any better of a human. They are complete rejects, and once the money is gone, they are back to where they were....It is just a shame that they were able to have a good time along the way.

·
Registered
280ge
574 Posts
They are complete rejects, and once the money is gone, they are back to where they were....It is just a shame that they were able to have a good time along the way.[/QUOTE]

mugging people you mean. Arabs love this kind of thing two. I suppose they think that having drive in banks is odd too.[:X]

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
u would go nuts if u see what oil stealing corrupt royal family members and arab sheikhs do to their maybaches...

i did see a ugly as hell dark as coal-mine saudi princess slamming her maybach door outside a shopping mall.... i did kill someone for slammin my honda door like that..

some people just have too much money at their disposal that they cant do anything better then equiping their trims withs jewels..

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
ThrillKill - 5/4/2005 4:56 AM

You mean to say that the American Dream is now purely reserved for sleep ?

I was at an AMG exhibition trying to push AMG sales along and saw several fine specimens waiting in line to sit in a Maybach. Not drive or buy, just sit in one. I find it ironic that a woman who looks a million dollars would feel the urge to bypass the S65 and head straight for the "62". Now if you are telling me you would deny her the odd diamond then perhaps you should give that '92 hood ornament back to its rightful student owner.

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Too late. I donated it to the American Cancer Society..............They made me take out all the cubic zirconias one by one. [;)]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some of you just sound jealous and I would argue that it's not the buyers of these cars that are petty..but rather the pathetic people that stand on the street side as they pass by and then criticize them for having the good fortune to be able to afford such a vehicle. As for people saying that the Maybach is so expensive and these people will waste all their money - the Maybach really is out of your league obviously - you clearly have no conprehension of how these people live and spend their wealth, A Maybach really is not such a big expense for many of the people that buy them - while we sit here debating whether a diamond trim is a waste of money - these people spend vast sums - the women who fly on the private jet to Paris two or three times a year to buy Chanel or Dior Haute Couture - a single dress can cost around US$40,000.00 - $60,000.00 or the men who buy their suits at a top London tailor - a single suit can cost US10,000.00 - 20,000.00. Real estate these people buy - do you know how much a prestigious house in central London or Paris costs these days - let alone Monte-Carlo. These people buy super-yachts that cost tens of millions and have art collections worth more than the GDP of some countries - to criticize these people for spending vast sums of money on their Maybach truly shows how far from the target market we actually are - it's really no big deal for them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes He is an absolute racist - I'm sick of the racism on this forum - you stupid chip-on-your-shoulder jerks who are so materialistic and are obviously bitter and twisted with envy - and simply find it hard to understand how some "black" guy can own such a vehicle and you obviously being "So" superior as a white person can't afford one - so you rubbish hip-hop music and anything else you associate with African-American culture. I say if you have the money to buy a Maybach or Phantom and you want to put chrome rims on it - so what?

Stars like Usher, Nelly, Jay-Z, P-diddy and LL-cool-j have interesting lives, they see, do, meet people and own things that the average person will never have the privelege of in their whole lives - good on them - I don't envy them, I congratulate them on their talent and good fortune - I really don't have any time for people who look at these people with obvious envy and then criticize them and make racial slurs - just get a life.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
tjmotor - 5/23/2005 1:11 AM

Stars like Usher, Nelly, Jay-Z, P-diddy and LL-cool-j have interesting lives
When you say they have interesting lives you must be referring to the fact that its stranger than fiction because they are very much NOW people.

Perhaps envy isnt the word .... I was leaning more toward irrelevant myself. But then I dont exactly think it takes much in the way of skill to talk songs or belt out tribal beats.

It has been all downhill since Mozart died.

·
Registered
39 Posts
miroj - 5/22/2005 1:24 PM
It has been all downhill since Mozart died.
Now you are just showing your ignorance. What about:

Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Rossini, Khachaturian, Ravel, Rimsky-Korsakov, Wagner, Sibelius, Rogrigo, Faure, Verdi, R.Strauss, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Scriabin, Puccini, Mascagni, Schubert, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Berlioz, Framck, Elgar, Delibes, Stravinsky, Delius, Paganini, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Bizet, Brahms, Schoenberg, Berg, Britten, Bruch, Choplin, Debussy, Gounod, Grieg, Liszt, Mahler, Scnittke, Saint-Saens, Satie, etc....there are many more I could also name.

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
tjmotor - 5/22/2005 6:59 AM

Some of you just sound jealous and I would argue that it's not the buyers of these cars that are petty..but rather the pathetic people that stand on the street side as they pass by and then criticize them for having the good fortune to be able to afford such a vehicle. As for people saying that the Maybach is so expensive and these people will waste all their money - the Maybach really is out of your league obviously - you clearly have no conprehension of how these people live and spend their wealth, A Maybach really is not such a big expense for many of the people that buy them - while we sit here debating whether a diamond trim is a waste of money - these people spend vast sums - the women who fly on the private jet to Paris two or three times a year to buy Chanel or Dior Haute Couture - a single dress can cost around US$40,000.00 - $60,000.00 or the men who buy their suits at a top London tailor - a single suit can cost US10,000.00 - 20,000.00. Real estate these people buy - do you know how much a prestigious house in central London or Paris costs these days - let alone Monte-Carlo. These people buy super-yachts that cost tens of millions and have art collections worth more than the GDP of some countries - to criticize these people for spending vast sums of money on their Maybach truly shows how far from the target market we actually are - it's really no big deal for them.
I'm usually not so judgemental but you're a moron and you sound like Robin Leach. You are the only one putting a price tag on everything. It's an ostentatous car for insecure people....End of story!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
ThrillKill - 5/23/2005 12:36 AM
you sound like Robin Leach.
Oh damn....you've blown my cover.

Actually I think you sound like a moron for saying the people who buy Maybachs are insecure - As far as me putting prices on things, I was merely trying to point out that these cars are aimed at people who are used to conspicuous consumption - buying very expensive things is an everyday thing for them. I was trying to make it clear just how expensive things are in the real world - you jerk!

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
ThrillKill - 5/23/2005 12:36 AM

tjmotor - 5/22/2005 6:59 AM
I'm usually not so judgemental but you're a moron and you sound like Robin Leach. You are the only one putting a price tag on everything. It's an ostentatous car for insecure people....End of story!!
You are right... lets be honest here people. We all love cars, we all love nice things, but in all honesty.... rappers and drug dealers (although i personally believe they are the same class) buy these cars for only one reason. They KNOW they are worthless except for what they can show they have. The moment they realize that point, is the day they will quit buyin cars trimed in precious stones, and watches that cost as much as houses, and boots made of fox fur.... its a show to them. But you know what? Hey! If thats what they think makes them a better person, fine by me. I'll rest knowing that unlike owning $400,000 car like the criminals / rappers, my morals and traditional good behaviorial values are what make me a special person.

·
Registered
39 Posts
To dear Chucky300 and ThrillKill

I just don't understand why so many people on this forum have such discriminating attitudes toward rappers, or (lets be more honest about it) black people. I bet when your parents listened to Frank Sinatra they didn't call him scummy because of his alleged Mafia connections - but then again....he wasn't black. Get over yourselves, if someone wants diamonds in their dash...so what? In the 1920's and 30's the Maharajahs who bought Rolls-Royce's were far more ostentatious - using everything from ivory and gold to Rubies and emeralds to make their cars uniquely flashy - O.K. so it's a bit tacky - but at that level of wealth, good taste seems like such a middle-class concern.

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
Forget diamonds in your dash : these guy's offer diamond incrusted alloy wheels. For a cool 250.000 dollars they are yours (car not included). Watch out when you park "in the hood". PEACE [:D] http://www.asantiwheels.com/gallery.html

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.