Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the max number of folders the Command center can hanle on MP3 DVDs?

On some MP3 DVDs it will list my folders and pn others it won't. I am thinking I may have hit a max.

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Snowball - 3/20/2005 2:02 PM

Does anyone know what the max number of folders the Command center can hanle on MP3 DVDs?

On some MP3 DVDs it will list my folders and pn others it won't. I am thinking I may have hit a max.
According to the manual its 255 folders max.
Each folder to contain no more that 255 tracks

also it says.
1. Track and folder names must contain at least 1 character
2. track names must have the extension .mp3
3. Empty folders or folders containing data OTHER than MP3 tracks will be ignored by COMAND

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
I don't think it's a stupid question. I have the Ent. package without NAV. I assumed I couldn't put a dvd mp3 in the single-disc slot. Well, I tried it today and I'm ecstatic that it works! No NAV, but they still put a DVD compatible player in! Cool. Lets see... 4.7gb of Mp3's. I think I might not get the ipod adapter. I can fit more on a single disc than an Ipod mini. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
The US head unit of the command actually contains a "crippled" DVD player. All of the info says it is just a CD player, but that is wrong. It just doesn't appear to have the MPEG decoding hardware to play DVD video like European models.

·
Registered
SLK 350
26 Posts
I don't know about this, but I can't believe tha MB would product different units for different countries. I think the software is different we should ask one of those guys from Canada to send us a copy of his software, burn a dvd and boot it.

·
Registered
SLK350
20 Posts
Is there a specific type of DVD you need to use? When I put a burned DVD-R disc in the command cd slot it loads for a second and then says CD Error and "Back" is the only option I have. Maybe I need to use a DVD+R?

I put about 1.7Gb of MP3s in 13 folders on the disc.

Thanks

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
I've never tried dvd-r. I know my dvd+r works okay. Every once in a while it has an error reading the disc. Maybe its dirty? I simply eject and reload. Then it works again.

·
Registered
SLK350
20 Posts
I read a tip in another thread suggesting I use iTunes, which in my oppinion is the most unstable program I have ever had the misfortune of working with, but sure enough it worked. I originally used Roxio 6, and apparently thats not so good either.

Just a tip for anyone trying to use iTunes, sort your Playlist by album in order to get iTunes to actually burn the songs into folders. Otherwise you get them all dumped into the "root" of the CD.

I think I'm going to give Nero a try, because for PC users, iTunes is garbage.

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
ic2000 - 4/15/2005 5:58 PM

Is there a specific type of DVD you need to use? When I put a burned DVD-R disc in the command cd slot it loads for a second and then says CD Error and "Back" is the only option I have. Maybe I need to use a DVD+R?

I put about 1.7Gb of MP3s in 13 folders on the disc.

Thanks

I use DVD-R without problems (Maxell branded)
using Nero to burn. (as data disk)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts