Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1985 SEC AMG 5.4L Widebody
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new mats for my '85 W126 SEC AMG. It has grey leather and carpet. Does anyone have any idea where I can get these for a left hand drive car? AMG badging would be nice.

·
Registered
too many
2,134 Posts
Dealer, ebay, online vendors come to mind.

I've been buying my mats recently from Cocomats, you can choose the material and colors, and have things engraved if you'd like. Very nice quality mats.

Coco Mats Story, Jaguar and Bmw

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
I talked with the gentleman who made the AMG mats for AMG of NA and he said he could make a few more sets. His price is not for the faint of heart....
$650 for a set of 4 piece mats:p

·
Registered
1985 SEC AMG 5.4L Widebody
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked with the gentleman who made the AMG mats for AMG of NA and he said he could make a few more sets. His price is not for the faint of heart....
Hmm, think I'll leave that but wish I had the $ - would be great to have something that was original style.

·
Registered
1982 500SL AMG "Darmstadt Branch"
1,100 Posts
I nearly fell when I got this reply when I inquired a while back.

Plain mats are $300.00 per pair + shipping
Mats with the AMG Logo are $680.00 per pair + shipping.
Thank you for your request.

In A Creative Way,
Keith Collins
ARTEXTURE, INC.
Studio: (323) 276-5030
Cell: (323) 559-8282

·
Registered
2004 SL500, 1993 S420, 1990 420 SEL, 1985 500SE, 1994 Toyota Supra Aerotop
746 Posts
I'm in the middle of making some origial mats now, you have to realise that if you use the original carpet, it's $160/metre!

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
I'm in the middle of making some origial mats now, you have to realise that if you use the original carpet, it's $160/metre!
$120 will get you a set of new Mercedes carpet mats for the W126 here in the states.

·
Registered
w126
1,535 Posts
"Lloyd sells its mats only through auto manufacturers and factory approved wholesale and retail outlets." Lloyd Mats IIRC lloyds was an oem supplier. Autoanything.com lists two grades. Premium plush and ultimate custom. $199 and $125. 4 pieces. I have a set and I think they'll work for either lhd or rhd. Mine have a logo dyed in but that might be NLA. You might be able to find a distributor closer to home.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Does anyone know the size of the letters of the original AMG logo on the mats?

Much appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
Someone like auto deck should be able to make something to your specification for lass than the cost of importing something

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Love the blower! I actually have a guy here who can do them the only thing is I'd like to have the correct Logo size.

·
Premium Member
500SL AMG, 500TE AMG, 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,225 Posts

In A Creative Way,
Keith Collins
ARTEXTURE, INC.
$5 off, lol.

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes Benz 280SE 5-Speed
85 Posts
What does $5 off mean?

Post #8 says you can get "new Mercedes carpet mats" for $120. Does anyone know what he meant by that? Are they leftover NOS (does the MB crowd use the term 'Genuine' for that) manufactured before 1991 (or thereabouts)? Are they mats that were manufactured more recently but sourced by Mercedes Benz? Are they aftermarket (Coco or some other brand) but sold through Mercedes Benz dealerships with Mercedes part number (or not)? Are you talking about the top layer of floor mat (not the bottom layer with molded foam)? And where or how do you go about acquiring them (my local dealer gave me a blank stare when I tried to get these)?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
The $5 off was referencing the price quoted here of $680 for Keith Collin Mats. Actual cost in this thread was $675.

Anyway, plain OE mats are still available at the dealer at least the R/C107 and W126. Cost approx $120.

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,647 Posts
The $5 off was referencing the price quoted here of $680 for Keith Collin Mats. Actual cost in this thread was $675.

Anyway, plain OE mats are still available at the dealer at least the R/C107 and W126. Cost approx $120.
$675 was just for the front two. The old $680 post in this thread was for all 4

·
Registered
W126 - others
212 Posts
600$ for car mats? :rotfl:

Post #8 says you can get "new Mercedes carpet mats" for $120. Does anyone know what he meant by that? Are they leftover NOS (does the MB crowd use the term 'Genuine' for that) manufactured before 1991 (or thereabouts)? Are they mats that were manufactured more recently but sourced by Mercedes Benz?
The Producer of the original car mats is "HEBU". And yes they were produced after 91. They stopped selling them direct costumers recently.

In wont buy them either because i am STINGY, plain aftermarket mats in high quality and even in rare colors like -Brasil- are available for 60€ in Germany, even on ebay.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
$675 was just for the front two. The old $680 post in this thread was for all 4
Are you sure?

In A Creative Way,
Keith Collins
ARTEXTURE, INC.

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes Benz 280SE 5-Speed
85 Posts
Post #15 says you can get "new Mercedes carpet mats" for $120. Does anyone know what he meant by that? Are they leftover NOS (does the MB crowd use the term 'Genuine' for that) manufactured before 1991 (or thereabouts)? Are they mats that were manufactured more recently but sourced by Mercedes Benz? Are they aftermarket (Coco or some other brand) but sold through Mercedes Benz dealerships with Mercedes part number (or not)? Are you talking about the top layer of floor mat (not the bottom layer with molded foam)? And where or how do you go about acquiring them (my local dealer gave me a blank stare when I tried to get these)?

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Post #15 says you can get "new Mercedes carpet mats" for $120. Does anyone know what he meant by that? Are they leftover NOS (does the MB crowd use the term 'Genuine' for that) manufactured before 1991 (or thereabouts)? Are they mats that were manufactured more recently but sourced by Mercedes Benz? Are they aftermarket (Coco or some other brand) but sold through Mercedes Benz dealerships with Mercedes part number (or not)? Are you talking about the top layer of floor mat (not the bottom layer with molded foam)? And where or how do you go about acquiring them (my local dealer gave me a blank stare when I tried to get these)?

He being me has purchase brand spanking new top layer floor mats for both my 107 and 126. Not referring to the bottom layer with molded foam. They are still being produced today and are most likely outsourced by MB. They are not NOS, most likely produced after 1991 but can still be purchased from another dealer other than yours for approximately $120 dollars for a pair (2).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts