Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 C240 89k miles

I need to replace my noisy/whirring PSP. Before heading to a parts re-sale store what other models would have a similar PSP, just in case the guys can't trace specifically a C240 unit?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
My Pick and Pull only charge $32.99 for a power steering pump. I see a lot of W203s and W209s there.

Have you check your fluid level and bearing/pulley with serpentine belt off?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Pick and Pull only charge $32.99 for a power steering pump. I see a lot of W203s and W209s there.

Have you check your fluid level and bearing/pulley with serpentine belt off?
It's those prices that attracted me there.

Fluid level is normal.
How do you do that check?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's those prices that attracted me there.

Fluid level is normal.
How do you do that check?
Just grab the pulley in your hand and turn it. It should turn smoothly without any unusual noise or play/wobble.
Found a C 320 but the bolt at the back on left is next to AC pipes. There is no room for the bolt to come out. This is very different from the c240 which has more room to get that bolt out. On the c320 just how do I remove this bolt?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Found a C 320 but the bolt at the back on left is next to AC pipes. There is no room for the bolt to come out. This is very different from the c240 which has more room to get that bolt out. On the c320 just how do I remove this bolt?
If you're at a Pick and Pull.........you take it out any way you can. Well.....short of dynamite :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're at a Pick and Pull.........you take it out any way you can. Well.....short of dynamite :D
Yes I am at a junky. What a PITA! I am taking this to the next level - a crow bar, and anything else I can throw at it.

Apparently 2004-2006 Chrysler Crossfires have the same Power Steering Pump, per MercedesMedic?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey is there supposed to be a seal here - circled red below? Is that what Merc.Medic is saying in photo 2? Because I didn't see any when I carefully and slowly pulled out both my car's and the unit at the junk yard. Neither of the cars had any o-ring seal there. If there's supposed to be one there do I just slide one over there from my o-rings kit and push in the reservoir tank? Help ...confused.

From Merc.Medic here

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
There is a reservoir seal , it is not an o ring , it has a flat inner surface and bevelled outer surface.
Maybe yours stuck in the reservoir ?

Search any MB parts place will list them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts