Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a year of ownership, I found a hidden compartment on the inside lid of the glove box which contained a bunch of floor mat clips and 8 $100 bills. They have a clasp like a suspender and a sharp pin on the opposite end. How are these things used. What does the clip clip to and what do you push the sharp pin through. I would like to keep the mats stable. Thanks for any replies. Oh, btw just kidding about the 8 C notes, never hurts to dream.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
You can attach one or two clips to the seat side of your floor mats. Set the clip on the mat so it completely grabs the end of the mat and see where the pin has to go into the floor carpet to fix it there, then attach the clip/s. You may have to pull up the floor carpet a bit to force the pin in at the proper point.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,930 Posts
II kings 920 said:
Oh, btw just kidding about the 8 C notes, never hurts to deram.
Rats! I was going to tell you the only place to properly install them is in an envelope, addressed to me.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Skylaw said:
Rats! I was going to tell you the only place to properly install them is in an envelope, addressed to me.
My SA has a box full in his desk drawer. They give you a hand full if you ask.

·
Registered
2006 S55 renntech stage 4
38 Posts
Jayhawk said:
Only thing they give me is free soda.. Yet I haven't ever asked for the clips but I am now. ;)

And being loacted in Alabama most people here think everything can be fixed with duct tape. Floormats included.. :eek:

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,930 Posts
Jayhawk said:
It's the C-notes I was after, Jayhawk! I have spare mat clips.

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys. It seems that you stab the carpet with the sharp point under the seat.

JH, I think Skylaw was wanting me to share some of those imaginary C notes with him.

edit: yes it was the C notes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts