Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what we recorded.

The hill climb was not what we as a group were looking to do, a very hats&tats crowd doing their typical pitts&tits thing.

I really enjoyed the grassland section and would highly recommend we do it some more. The looks on my face are from us getting buzzed by a high performance drone doing aerobatics. When we entered the grass we got low leveled by a trio of C130 as well.

The ride up to the power lines was great despite the beating my steps took right out of the gate, but better them than the body. The power lines were very enjoyable, the grades were a fun challenge both going up and coming down. The Washout was not.

Getting to the tunnel was a fiasco of high order with one truck... ::COUGH:: Britbike ::COUGH:: getting stuck both coming and going. The Pinz admirably got in and out of trouble with only a little drama

The ride out of the power lines was a good woods trek until we got stopped by some kinda of snag, I saw the chain saw come out but then we were all pulling 3 points in the woods and back out we came.

The only real casualty was Matt's clutch giving out. Hat tip to the Green Chevy with the rolled fenders, serious toy just about conquered the power line hills.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hill climb and grassland

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
power lines and the tunnel

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tunnel and ride out

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Convoy

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Convoy and lake

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vonsmog!

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,576 Posts
Man, the abuse I take. For what it's worth, I barely fit between those two trees getting into the stream and the uneven drop off on the other side got me hung up on one tree but I got through. That's not stuck.

Getting out of the stream was easy, that hole I couldn't get through was just one option and I only tried due to peer pressure. The big blade on the back certainly didn't provide me with and advantages thats for sure.

You did pretty good with the jeep and I'm glad to see the whole family come along.

Next time in a Mog I hope.

I had a great time and enjoyed all the good company. The Jeep festival or what ever that mess was was not a highlight but all else, including the weird grass trip was fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts