Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else with this problem? The guy at service said this is what might be causing my transmission problems when the car is cold? Anyone else with this same situation? I have a 98 clk 320 by the way.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
7 Posts
I was told by my service person that I had this same problem. When cold my car would tak...

I was told by my service person that I had this same problem. When cold my car would take a long time to start. It would just crank and crank for like 5-10 seconds before starting. I had it replaced and it took care of it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well....

I don't have a problem with starting the car. The car just has trouble going through all the gears when it is cold. But as soon as I get through all the gears once, I'm good.

I don't know if I'm being clear....Ex. I start the car in the morning. I can't floor the accelerator, it will just reve up in the gear it's in and not catch the next gear. Unless I let up on the accelerator. But when I get through all my gears once, (with the accelerator partially pressed) I'm ok after that.

The guy at service said it shouldn't be a transmission problem, because if it were, I would have more trouble when the car is warm than when it is cold. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance -3X

·
Registered
CLK 320
3 Posts
From what I understand, the cold transmission shifting issue fits into the "They all do ...

From what I understand, the cold transmission shifting issue fits into the "They all do that" category as far as MB is concerned. I would expect that an airfow meter problem would be unrelated to shifting?

My problem has been sudden downshifting to first at slow speeds. The transmission has been replaced under warranty with no change. Tomorrow the dealer replaces the transmission control module. I'll let you all know if this affects the up shifting performance when cold (as well as fixing my problem).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts