Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 190e 6 cylinder 12v
I have read 52 pages of DP's thread "stalled again" it is a great read on troubleshooting stalling and idle problems. The only problem I see is the disscussion is about the 2.3L 4 cylinder. I don't know much about these cars yet as I have only had mine for a year and now have a stalling and idle problem.
Can anyone tell me how this MAS unit works and what all does it control?
ICV, EHA, ignition timing, CPS?
HELP
Any info would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
There's a few online resources explaining how the whole set-up hangs together; here's a couple:
Edit: here's a better link specifically for KE Jetronic which is the variant used in the 190E:
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll28/pentoman/kjet/

I once saw a link for a troubleshooting guide for Jetronic/CIS fuel injection that gave possible causes for symptoms, but can't lay my hands on it right now.

As far as I know, there's no great difference between the Jetronic system fitted to the 2.3 vs the 2.6 inline six other than slightly different parts for the larger engine with more cylinders. Even so, I note that when I had to replace my EHA valve, the same part for my 190E 1.8 was also used on the 560SEL!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
There's a few online resources explaining how the whole set-up hangs together; here's a couple:
Edit: here's a better link specifically for KE Jetronic which is the variant used in the 190E:
kjet pictures by pentoman - Photobucket

I once saw a link for a troubleshooting guide for Jetronic/CIS fuel injection that gave possible causes for symptoms, but can't lay my hands on it right now.

As far as I know, there's no great difference between the Jetronic system fitted to the 2.3 vs the 2.6 inline six other than slightly different parts for the larger engine with more cylinders. Even so, I note that when I had to replace my EHA valve, the same part for my 190E 1.8 was also used on the 560SEL!
this is why i love google chrome, the ability to save entire web pages...thanks for those links john, will make good reference material for my computer dedicated to car repairs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John H
Thanks for the great info. It looks like it will help figure out the mistery of this system for me.
Thanks to John.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts