Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have begun the process of getting my car repainted which Mercedes has agreed to cover the cost of.

I was unaware of the issues with the Mars red paint until recently as most service advisors I delt with brushed off the little bumps I began noticing on my paint.

My question is if anyone here who has experienced the same issue & had their car repainted, also got the bumpers repainted? When I looked at the estimate it seems as if they had the number 0 next to hours for any bumper work.

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,891 Posts
Basically any Mercedes in the Mars Red color was a huge issue. They had many paint issues on the GLK, C and SLK with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have begun the process of getting my car repainted which Mercedes has agreed to cover the cost of.

I was unaware of the issues with the Mars red paint until recently as most service advisors I delt with brushed off the little bumps I began noticing on my paint.

My question is if anyone here who has experienced the same issue & had their car repainted, also got the bumpers repainted? When I looked at the estimate it seems as if they had the number 0 next to hours for any bumper work.
My Mars Red GLK-350 has been in body shop 7 weeks now for repaint, scheduled to be done this week, be happy to let you know when we get the vehicle back. MB is paying for the repaint & rental car. So far so good.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,867 Posts
What about the loss of value? At resale if it is discovered the vehicle was repainted it could hurt the value.
I know a local owner that had his W204 repainted and also got $1800 from MBUSA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am just finding out about this within the past hour. I had strange marks on the sides of my vehicle for a few weeks that looked like frost. I assumed it was just the old wax peeling off. Today, I went to get my car detailed, figuring that would address the problem. Nope, it's IN the paint.

I have just been reading about a class action lawsuit against MBUSA from owners with Mars red cars. The class looks small, with only about 10 plaintiffs, so I'm not sure what the status is, or if MBUSA has agreed to a recall or some other program. My research is just beginning, so if anyone has an update, I would appreciate any information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am just finding out about this within the past hour. I had strange marks on the sides of my vehicle for a few weeks that looked like frost. I assumed it was just the old wax peeling off. Today, I went to get my car detailed, figuring that would address the problem. Nope, it's IN the paint.

I have just been reading about a class action lawsuit against MBUSA from owners with Mars red cars. The class looks small, with only about 10 plaintiffs, so I'm not sure what the status is, or if MBUSA has agreed to a recall or some other program. My research is just beginning, so if anyone has an update, I would appreciate any information.
My Mars Red GLK-350 has been in body shop 7 weeks now for repaint, scheduled to be done this week, be happy to let you know when we get the vehicle back. MB is paying for the repaint & rental car. So far so good.
How in the world did you get them to pay for it? They have been giving me the run around (from the corporate and local level) for almost a month now. I'm about to make this get ugly on social media! Also, how did it turn out and what color did they paint it? Did they also reimburse you for loss of value for having it painted?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue with mars red, both sides of car affected. Dealership blew me off and sent me to corporate. Completely unacceptable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts