Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am going nuts trying to get my new key that i got From Mercedes Benz to "marry with my car." I have consulted the manual but to no avail, the instruction is to turn the mirror knob forward (I think) and then the the key into ignition and then hold the button for 20 Seconds. Has anyone done this before who could help me.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Ok try this... By the mirror is a Infra red sensor button...black dome thing.. point the key at that for 20 seconds or longer pressing the button... then put the key in the ignition and press for twenty...

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the help i dont have the green and red LEDS on the mirror or the dome, i have a little black dot, is there anyway i can do it?

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
i had the same thing happen with a brand new remote key. everything i tried and the dealer tried would not work. we're now thinking it's a faulty key...send the sucker back to the company and get me a new one. hope it works.

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi, i got it to work the dealer guided me to the process over the phone. It is very simple actually on the miror there is blackdot with a chip in it. Point it at that and push twice. And then put your key in the ignition within 20 seconds jiggle the steering wheel and whilst doing that turn the key into ignition, the car will then start.

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes S350L, 1999 Mercedes E55 AMG, 1997 Mercedes SLK230, 1992 Mercedes 300SE (sold)
236 Posts
Dear all,

Does this method apply to the earlier models? I have a 1992 Mercedes 300SE and I tried that with my spare key (went out of battery for a while, couldn't unlock the doors after I put new batteries). I don't have a receiver on the rear view mirror.

Cheers,
Adam

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AdamY said:
Dear all,

Does this method apply to the earlier models? I have a 1992 Mercedes 300SE and I tried that with my spare key (went out of battery for a while, couldn't unlock the doors after I put new batteries). I don't have a receiver on the rear view mirror.

Cheers,
Adam

Check your mirror there should be a black dot if u dont have the LED's on the mirror. Point it there and push the button twice. if the steering is locked moved it around and put the key into ignition it should work. Let me know if it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts