Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am wondering if anyone has any idea how I could go about getting a rear seat assembly from a marco polo westfalia conversion. I know there is no chance of getting a van over here in the US, but I would really like the folding bed assembly. It is a long shot, but would really make the metris a much more desirable option for me. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi if you just want the seat/bed either e bay .de (germany ) or spain /France , but the shipping price would be frightening , it would be easier to buy an accident write off marco polo, usualy see 2/3 a year around europe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting idea, but then you would have to ship a full car, which I would assume would be a lot more than a rear seat assembly. There is literally no cost effective way to get a european car into the US and be able to license it. I will check the german eBay. thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am wondering if anyone has any idea how I could go about getting a rear seat assembly from a marco polo westfalia conversion. I know there is no chance of getting a van over here in the US, but I would really like the folding bed assembly. It is a long shot, but would really make the metris a much more desirable option for me. thanks in advance.
Slightly different topic - but is there a reason why the Marco Polo can not be imported into the USA or Canada?

I'm trying to figure that out.

I want a Marco Polo - I'd gladly pay a premium price to import a brand new one from a European dealer.

I have mentioned it to my dealer here in Canada, and they didn't give me any answers, and that was a few years ago. Now I am going to be buying a car again, and I'd really like to get a Marco Polo van.

They do sell the "V-Class - Metris" in Canada and USA. What if I bought a totalled write off salvage Marco Polo and gut out all the camper parts and upholstery and shipped it to me in Canada and re-installed everything onto a brand new licensed V-Class purchased in Canada or USA?

Any advice or comments?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts