Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does $450/month with $3500 total out of pocket due at lease signing sound (39 months)?

The vehicle is a non-metallic black C300 Sport Sedan with auto transmission, 18 inch AMG wheels, and an iPod Adapter.

let me know your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
How does $450/month with $3500 total out of pocket due at lease signing sound (39 months)?

The vehicle is a non-metallic black C300 Sport Sedan with auto transmission, 18 inch AMG wheels, and an iPod Adapter.

let me know your thoughts.
One important thing that can change lease cost in a big way, how many miles per year are we talking about here? And is that a complete listing of the options on the specific car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they originally priced me at $530, which was absurb. Their 2nd offer was $485, but I didn't budge from the price I was absolutely comfortable with.

and yes, those are all the options.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Pass it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
what would you pay for it?

i mean i am putting the residuals and money factor into all the lease calculators out there, and i am getting all above $500 or $550, so it seems like a fair deal to me

just to be clear, that $3600 down isnt anything but the lovely NY taxes, bank fees, and first months payment. im not putting anything extra down but the absolute necessary to walk away with it....

MSRP is $35240, negogiated it at $34 K flat, FYI.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Forget about monthly payments. I used to draw so many people in that way. They didn't even know what the purchase price is. "Get me to X a month" Sure thing!

Go in with this # $ 32457

If not, try $32,692. Don't let them make anymore than that. They will still have $ in the deal, but not much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
32.8 K is the invoice price of this vehicle... how am i supposed to say give it to me for less than that? it's a known fact that dealers make their profit selling the vehicle for a little over the invoice price.

we came to an agreement to meet halfway between the MSRP and invoice, which i thought was fair.

being in sales myself, i respect the fact that they need to make their money on the vehicle somehow.

now it seems like everyone on this board is telling me i got duped. :confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
You have to look out for yourself too. At those prices I quoted you, they're still making $
I'm sure the dealer makes enough $.
The salesman will still make a mini if they make no $ on the deal. Even if that, it will add another point, hopefully bringing him closer to any bonuses they may offer

Do what you want. What do I know.
I used to sell mercedes. Just thought I'd give my .02. I'm not saying you got duped, but you can do better. There's 7% in the car, not factoring everything else the consumer doesn't know about.

·
Registered
53 Posts
MSRP $35,725

Paid $32,888

Tire and wheel warranty $495
3M Protection $557...
I could have beat them down on these, but I know the bus. manager well so I let him make some $.

total price = $33,940

with tax, plate, doc, title etc, all fees

$36,476 out the door.

I had no intentions of buying a new car that morning. The salesman told me to name my price. The 1st one the manager wouldn't come through on, but we agreed on that price.

I got a decent deal considering I don't work there anymore and that car wouldn't have lasted the weekend. Although employees are getting sick deals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im going to wait on getting car until june 2008... do you think its money factor will decrease, insofar as the payments come down even further at that time?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Honestly man, I don't know. The salesman most likely can't even forecast for you. I know the mf has gone down since I've worked there...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea that's what the dealer said. I an banking on them lowering between the fed lowering rates and the 2009s getting closer I can't see prices going up can u? Has there ever been a situation where mfs increase as model years get older? What impacts mf's directly?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts