Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
' 91 350sel, '12 s350, '18 144 sprinter, '08 sl550
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here we go again i think, e300 diesel in limp mode again....

been thru 3 mass air sensor s in 5 years, including mb shop replacing control broad..

unless perhaps something else is wrong... was at autozone today , couldnt pull codes...

appt on wednesday at local indy shop

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I'm confused. The MAP sensor is different from the MAF sensor...or was the thread title just a typo?

Curious that you couldn't pull codes, is the fuse blown? If so that could be an indicator of other things and could affect the ECU's ability to control everything.

Good luck.

·
Registered
' 91 350sel, '12 s350, '18 144 sprinter, '08 sl550
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, meant maf sensor... header typo

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
yeah, meant maf sensor... header typo

Something very suspicious, if in fact it is P0100, the ecu is mapped to accept default stored data if MAF data low, high or not plausible.

It takes more than a bad MAF to go to limp mode. That is if your characterization of reduced power is limp, which may not be limp in the technical sense. In that case limp ain't limp.

You spoiled my whole evening talking about limp!!!

WGAF----what do the codes indicate!!!

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Something very suspicious, if in fact it is P0100, the ecu is mapped to accept default stored data if MAF data low, high or not plausible.

It takes more than a bad MAF to go to limp mode. That is if your characterization of reduced power is limp, which may not be limp in the technical sense. In that case limp ain't limp.

WGAF----what do the codes indicate!!!
He said he couldn't pull codes for some reason. That could mean something else or just that the autozone meter was goofed up.

If he's actually in limp mode that's *possibly* a MAF -- it can be that bad -- but more likely to be a trans code (leaky connector, flooded TCU, conductor plate, etc.).

Good luck, hap.

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,226 Posts
I've heard report that there is oil (from turbo charger) easily gathered in intake tube, and when that oil comes with air to MAF, begins MAF give unrealistic readings. But I believe this should be visible in codes too... the sensor connector could also have bad contact, like said above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts