Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow $3500 to take out stock harmon kardon navi deck is just insanity.
like i know the deck is wired into the car in a certain way but that seems crazy.
Anyone know why its so much?

I have a 2006 cls 500

·
Registered
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
232 Posts
Wow $3500 to take out stock harmon kardon navi deck is just insanity.
like i know the deck is wired into the car in a certain way but that seems crazy.
Anyone know why its so much?

I have a 2006 cls 500
In Denver? I'll take it out for half. ;) At $120/hour shop rate, that's 29 hours. I call horse chit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both car shops i went to said the stock system is fiber optic wiring and runs in a circuit or something and is connected to the other systems also and they would have to rewire everything and it would take a long time.

He also said your paying alot for the gizmos needed and the wiring.
Still 2 people said 3k and 2 people wouldnt even touch the thing :(

Man i hate the stock navi its terrible and the system is pretty crappy too
i am dying for a aftermarket alpine dvd unit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just seen a post on a audiophile site about why people keepo stock decks in their benz and this is a quote the guy said

" In any case, Paul kept the factory source with the navigation. Because the factory system is fiber optic, a processor was needed that would allow the ability to grab signal"

so i am thinking thats why people justify charging lots for system install cause its tough to do.
After reading stuff here i might just keep factory head unit wich kinda sucks cause i like the sub out controls and all the custom controls and want a tv in my lovley new ride lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts