Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I’ve made some minor suggestions and comments about how MB might have improved this model.

But, really -- I thought this SLK would pretty much stay in the garage and only see daylight for longer trips. But everyday I find myself finding excuses to drive this car.

Every time I see or drive this beautiful pocket rocket, I am thrilled with it. It’s truly a privilege to own this car. I'm sure that many of us feel the same way.

Thanks Mercedes-Benz!

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I took mine out today for the first time in two weeks. The thrill came rushing back. Even though it was 41 F, I had the top down and the air scarf on.

Thank You Mercedes Benz from me too.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
25 Posts
The feeling is the same here in England my friends!!!

I cannot stay away from my 55 amg, i find myself using any excuse to drive it!!

Its got 500 miles on the clock at the minute, cant wait to top the magic 1000 mile mark so I can put the peddle to the floor and open this baby right up!!

Respect to MB for putting a 5.5lt V8 in a SLK!!

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
7900 miles on my 350 in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, France, and California and Lovin every minute of it!!!![;)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
Out of storage and top down yesterday.

Even a guy in a Ferrari was checking it out!

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
RE: Out of storage and top down yesterday.

In my neck of the woods, Bently GTs are relatively common and I always get looks from them.
I guess thats a compliment right there. :D

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
The car feels like a million bucks- definitely makes the commute a little easier!

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
RE: The car feels like a million bucks- definitely makes the commute a little easier!

fredfromny - 3/23/2005 8:59 AM
My car doesn't buck at all...the ride is pretty smooth...hehe...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
Why is your message always in the Subject box?

fredfromny - 3/23/2005 11:59 AM
Out of curiosity why do you always put your message text in the subject box (or as much as will fit)? As you can see when someone try's to quote you it does not work well. If you want it bold text you can accomplish the same thing by using the [ b] bold text format [ /b] just remove the spaces.[;)]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Duo-Art - 3/22/2005 8:57 PM

And the good news is that the weather forecast for our area is for improving conditions.
Yeah right, it snowed this morning[:(!]

·
Registered
2000SLK-2005SLK
57 Posts
I have always had nice/exotic/fast cars. I never have had as many compliments/thumbs-up/waves with any car as I have had in my Firemist SLK. As a matter of fact I am getting better looking every day since I bought this car. I may even enter the Brad Pitt look-a-like contest.

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
I absolutely love my SLK, too!!! Drove home two days in a row with the top down and the scarf on. I dropped the top at a red light and got a chuckle from all the looks as the car performed it's ballet. What a rush. I let my hubby drive it once last week. I think I may have to buy another one.[:D]

Roberta [:)][:)]

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
I've been driving for more than 30 years, and my '55 is easily the most favorite car I've ever owned. The article in the Sydney (Austrailia) newspaper yesterday described it correctly...it's addictive!

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
shark22 - 4/30/2005 10:54 AM

I've been driving for more than 30 years, and my '55 is easily the most favorite car I've ever owned. The article in the Sydney (Austrailia) newspaper yesterday described it correctly...it's addictive!
is there a link you can post to an on-line version of the article?

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Malibuite, here's the link:

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=9646&vf=2&bg=1&pp=0

1 - 18 of 18 Posts