Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2006 S500, 2003 ML350, 1996 C280 (Previously 2002 CLK320, 1995 C220, 1980 300SD TurboDiesel)
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American beer is really weak compared to Eastern European beers. I don't drink often but I have a pretty high tolerance.

Also being born in Fresno, CA (YEAH I SAID IT, FRESNO SUCKS) - I was introduced to Mickey's at a young age.

I still drink it but it isn't the most delicious beer - especially compared to Beck's - whose taste I prefer but again, weak.

OPINIONS.

Thx

·
Registered
CLS 550
888 Posts
My favorite 'non mainstream' beers are Abita's Turbo Dog(dark, chocolate based beer - sounds odd but really quite tasty), Abita's Purple Haze(light and delicious), and Magic Hat #9(also light and delicious). I haven't had many strong European beers but there is one that I had a few months back and I forget the name but it was a European beer that was known for being poured while leaving quite a bit of head because as the head dissipated, it would only dissipate where it was touching the glass, the foam in the center would remain as high as when it was poured. I'll try to find the name of that one for you because it was actually very good, and I'm not positive, but I think is was pretty strong as well.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
My favorite 'non mainstream' beers are Abita's Turbo Dog(dark, chocolate based beer - sounds odd but really quite tasty), Abita's Purple Haze(light and delicious), and Magic Hat #9(also light and delicious). I haven't had many strong European beers but there is one that I had a few months back and I forget the name but it was a European beer that was known for being poured while leaving quite a bit of head because as the head dissipated, it would only dissipate where it was touching the glass, the foam in the center would remain as high as when it was poured. I'll try to find the name of that one for you because it was actually very good, and I'm not positive, but I think is was pretty strong as well.
try la trappe bockbier

·
Registered
vintage
14,512 Posts
American beer is really weak compared to Eastern European beers. I don't drink often but I have a pretty high tolerance.

Also being born in Fresno, CA (YEAH I SAID IT, FRESNO SUCKS) - I was introduced to Mickey's at a young age.

I still drink it but it isn't the most delicious beer - especially compared to Beck's - whose taste I prefer but again, weak.

OPINIONS.

Thx

Just drink it with a vodka 'top' - breakfast of champs.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes E320 Sedan 4Matic
332 Posts
where i live, microbreweries are dime a dozen. some even produce a good beer, although almost all of them have no foggiest idea how to produce well balanced beer.

among generally available american beers, blue moon belgian ale, and samuel adams boston lager can compete with average european beer. of course, after visiting czechia, even the rest of european beers taste like piss. so never go there! (and never drive a mercedes if you plan on enjoying driving other cars :)

·
Surely A Large Human
MB Regretmobile
35,725 Posts
Probably talked about this elsewhere, but the Two Hearted Ale is very tasty and certainly not weak. Also consider that Germans do things very well, as evidenced by Spaten Premium, Oktoberfest, or Optimator (yikes).

·
Registered
96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
12,141 Posts
Grolsch/ Guinness Stout/ Chimay (belgium ale)
A Irish bar I frequented on Chi-towns south side, used to mix Guinness Stout with Michelob(sp). A strange but nice mix.

What little I drink anymore I won't settle for a Miller or a Bud, unless it's unheard of hot outside.

·
Registered
vintage
14,512 Posts
This week, I are been mostly drinking:

(Diluted 15:1 with good old (and very cold) hard London tap water)

Ahem, with the odd shot of vitamin 'V' on the side, purely for medicinal purposes.

Beer? What's that???:confused:

·
Registered
vintage
14,512 Posts
uggh... mango... cannot even bear the smell them, very difficult when you live in Queensland...
Orange/mango drink combos are very popular in the old country, as are the fruits themselves. Problem is, the supermarkets only import the varieties which travel well. If you've eaten fresh-picked Alphonsos in India, you're spoiled for life.

Smell-wise, be thankful you're not in durian country! :eek:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I just looked that up, that's pretty cool that it's the only beer that continues fermentation in the bottle. The pictures of it look DELISH as well. 7%, too, Stig.

I'll definitely check that out Benz :thumbsup:
Do it!!!:D My friends dad owns hiedelburg distributing and gets some crazy ass good beer, thats the one he always has though i haven't tried it.

Probably talked about this elsewhere, but the Two Hearted Ale is very tasty and certainly not weak. Also consider that Germans do things very well, as evidenced by Spaten Premium, Oktoberfest, or Optimator (yikes).
oktobetfest in cincinnati...+ fake id is amazing!!!

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Don't confuse 'harping' with mastery.
I actually did a mad run to Binnies and spent $45 on 5 bottles of brew. Halfway through a bottle of Fleur and loving it. Will post pics and comments if I don't get too pissed.

·
Registered
CLS 550
888 Posts
Do it!!!:D My friends dad owns hiedelburg distributing and gets some crazy ass good beer, thats the one he always has though i haven't tried it.
That's gotta be nice trying such a wide variety of brew-ha's for the free! Back in college I played ball with two dudes, (as Jersey Shore as this combination sounds) one's dad owned Muscle Milk, so we got all our supplements for free. And another guy, who's a good friend and old roomie, his dad owned Bacardi some years back - still owns a large portion. So needless to say, we were getting swole AND tipsy for free, at all times lol.

Stig, another beer worth trying, a dark beer also made by Magic Hat, called Howl. It's seasonal. Very good though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts