Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2002 C 240, but it does drag a little when accelerating from a stop. Are there any performance enhancement solutions that are approved by MBUSA to solve this problem?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Re:

The only MBUSA approved thing you can do to your car that would really help your 0-60 is to trade it in for a C320. If you lose your inhibitions and don't care what MBUSA thinks, check out [email protected] for a pulley kit he sells that will get you about 13hp. If money is no object, Kleemann makes a supercharger for about 10K installed (vadim can help you there also). Also, in Australia they have a car like yours they call the C180 and it has 3.67 gear ratio. If you can get that installed on your car it will have a quicker launch and make the 0-60 quicker.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Actually, for '03...

I am in debate on wether I should get either the 03' 240 or the 03' 320. I know the 240 is a little slower. But the 320 does not offer 6-speed manual like the 240 does. And to me auto is kind of boreing. Will the new 4matic increase any tpye of 0-60 or 1/4 speed? Does doing your ecu chip or pulley void any warrenty on your car? Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks
You can get the C320 with the 6 speed manual transmission. However, 4-matic is only available with the 5 speed auto. No, it probably won't increase any 0-60 times and in fact may be marginally slower due to the increase weight. However, the payoff is far better traction in poor weather conditions. No one drives at maximum acceleration in town anyway. It's mostly 0-40 mph in the real world.

The C240 is peppier than you think. Try it out first before deciding on it.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Re:

You can get the C320 with the 6 speed manual transmission. However, 4-matic is only available with the 5 speed auto. No, it probably won't increase any 0-60 times and in fact may be marginally slower due to the increase weight. However, the payoff is far better traction in poor weather conditions. No one drives at maximum acceleration in town anyway. It's mostly 0-40 mph in the real world.

The C240 is peppier than you think. Try it out first before deciding on it.
I drove a brand new C240 loaner for 5 days and it's not so bad. The biggest drudgery was the automatic, it's a dog. I think I would be happy with a C240 6 spd with a few mods to perk it up.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Yes, it does, and the best news is that...

It's standard equipment and the MSRP has decreased by $1800US (I think) for '03 for the C320 6-speed over last year's '02 C320 auto.

·
Registered
99' C230 K 03' C240
32 Posts
Re:

I am in debate on wether I should get either the 03' 240 or the 03' 320. I know the 240 is a little slower. But the 320 does not offer 6-speed manual like the 240 does. And to me auto is kind of boreing. Will the new 4matic increase any tpye of 0-60 or 1/4 speed? Does doing your ecu chip or pulley void any warrenty on your car? Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts