Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a way of programming your alarm, so when you arm or disarm the alarm will chirp. I'll have it programm for free at the dealer this weekend. Any of you have done that before????

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those of you who want this feature:<br> <br> 'Have your local MB dealer select something called 'norway' in the system command. <br> <br> It will chirp 3 times on locking and 1 time when you unlock. Also it seems to be a single tone.'<br> <br> Courtesy of C32life's FAQ

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My last trip to my dealer I asked to have the alarm chirp on my C-240 by selecting the 'norway' option in the command system. <br> <br> They have never heard of this option before. Also, no comment or information in the service manual.<br> <br> If anyone has additional details, please advise.<br> <br> Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it done, go to your dealer and tell them that you want this option, they can program it in the command system for you, they can do it the same way they can put your daytime running lights.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEP...I did my c coupe its in the rest of WORLD SETTINGS sounds cool NOTE the service advisors <br> are the LAST TO KNOW ABOUT ANY (MOD )TO YOUR CAR

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to de dealer, they played with the meny for about 45 min, they didn't find any option. Mark can you tell me where you've got yours done, I would like to do mine as well. Thanks,<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CHRIS,Hope this will help YOUR DEALER?1 please talk to a shop foreman NOT a service ADVISOR... 2ACCESS REAR SAM IN BODY SECTION..<br> 3 ACESS MODULE ADAPTION<br> 4 SELECT NETHERLANDS<br> 5 <br> TO VERSION CODE PROGRAM AND ITS THERE <br> <br> <br> HAVE FUN with the chirp <br> mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark, thanks a lot for your support, I went to the dealer again and they are idiots. Why do we put german cars on their hands. Is there any way you can talk to your mechanic that did it, maybe he can fax step by step instructions to my dealer (they're a bunch of idiots). I would really apprecitate it. <br> <br> <br> THANKS! Happy HOllidays!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris,so sorry that your DEALER is so lame that they cannot locate a simple program is well......<br> e mail me for the numbers<br> mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS A LOT

Hey Mark, I finally get it done, they did it and it worked, it tooked them 10 min or less with your instructions. Thanks a lot. The beep sounds cool. Thanks again. I guess the world knows it except the dealers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dee try this<br> 1 please talk to a shop foreman NOT a service ADVISOR... 2ACCESS REAR SAM IN BODY SECTION..<br> 3 ACESS MODULE ADAPTION<br> 4 SELECT NETHERLANDS or NORWAY<br> 5 <br> TO VERSION CODE PROGRAM AND ITS THERE <br> <br> They just did mine, they don't know about it, just give them these instructions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Make your alarm chirp!!!!Stupid noise

Ennabling this feature adds to the irritation we all face by idiots who can't see the lights flashing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Make your alarm chirp!!!!Stupid noise

Willy, the only way is to send it to the dealer's 'cos it's only accessible via the DAS system (apart of Star Diagnosis). You can't do it onboard.<br> <br> Follow Chris's steps. This feature has to do with regional coding.

·
Registered
c320
4 Posts
any other changes with 'Norway' selection?

is there anything else that is changed (other than the chirping sound) with the selection of 'Netherlands'? would it affect my other settings???

thanks for all your imputs!

·
Registered
C320
3 Posts
Hi Chris ! Just wanted to ask you how is the chirp sound. Is it really cool ? Can you tell...

Hi Chris ! Just wanted to ask you how is the chirp sound. Is it really cool ? Can you tell me where the sound comes from ? What is the delay between each chirp sounds when you lock the doors ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts