Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have finally decided to post about my terrible experience with OE tuning as I want to see if im not the only one. I have a 1998 sl600 and sent my ecu's to get tuned and initially they where very responsive. All emails answered within 24 hours, calls answered and when I shipped my ecu's to them the turnaround time was the next day. Got my ecu's back and they didn't work. Car had a hard time starting, wouldn't rev in park and my whole dash was lit up. I contacted them and like usual they where very responsive and sent me an overnight label. Same story, quick turnaround and got the ecu's back and they still didnt work. Although this time I could actually drive the car but it was misfiring, running rich and I probably toasted my cats in the process. They where a little slower this time to respond but I received another overnight label and fast forward 2 weeks, multiple emails and phone calls and only once did they respond. I talked with ryan on the phone and he said they ordered some new chips from Europe and of course he said they would be here within the next few days. I had my suspicions but I decided to go along. Now fast forward almost a week and another email and 2 phone calls later and still no response.

At this point im starting to believe they have no clue what they are doing and I feel ryan is lying to me because he never once answered my phone calls or emails the prior weeks and im not sure why he couldn't have simply responded with a quick email stating what he told me on the phone....the prior 5 or 6 emails and at least that many phone calls.

I have 0 faith they will be able to fix this as they where unable to the prior 2 times moreover they aren't responding to any of my communications.. Ill call them again Thursday and If I don't hear anything by Friday I'm filing a credit card claim.

Really pissed about this whole situation as in my opinion they have stolen my ecu's but I guess that doesn't mater too much because if they sent them back its not like I can use them in my car anyways.

·
Registered
1999 SL600 | 2001 SL500 (sold)
1,706 Posts
Hello everyone, I have finally decided to post about my terrible experience with OE tuning as I want to see if im not the only one. I have a 1998 sl600 and sent my ecu's to get tuned and initially they where very responsive. All emails answered within 24 hours, calls answered and when I shipped my ecu's to them the turnaround time was the next day. Got my ecu's back and they didn't work. Car had a hard time starting, wouldn't rev in park and my whole dash was lit up. I contacted them and like usual they where very responsive and sent me an overnight label. Same story, quick turnaround and got the ecu's back and they still didnt work. Although this time I could actually drive the car but it was misfiring, running rich and I probably toasted my cats in the process. They where a little slower this time to respond but I received another overnight label and fast forward 2 weeks, multiple emails and phone calls and only once did they respond. I talked with ryan on the phone and he said they ordered some new chips from Europe and of course he said they would be here within the next few days. I had my suspicions but I decided to go along. Now fast forward almost a week and another email and 2 phone calls later and still no response.

At this point im starting to believe they have no clue what they are doing and I feel ryan is lying to me because he never once answered my phone calls or emails the prior weeks and im not sure why he couldn't have simply responded with a quick email stating what he told me on the phone....the prior 5 or 6 emails and at least that many phone calls.

I have 0 faith they will be able to fix this as they where unable to the prior 2 times moreover they aren't responding to any of my communications.. Ill call them again Thursday and If I don't hear anything by Friday I'm filing a credit card claim.

Really pissed about this whole situation as in my opinion they have stolen my ecu's but I guess that doesn't mater too much because if they sent them back its not like I can use them in my car anyways.
Are you gonna post the aftermath? I've got an SL600 too. More hp would be great.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
13,851 Posts
Why cant you use your original ones if they sent them back?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why cant you use your original ones if they sent them back?
Because they car is not functional with them. The tune they put on makes my car run like crap.

I'll post the aftermath but I had to vent my frustrations with them.

Does anyone else know of a company that can tune the r129? OE Tuning was the only company I found

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just heard back from oe tuning g via email right after I called. They simply said the ecu's have been sent back. They didn't provide a tracking number. Sent an email back asking if they put it back to stock or kept the tune on it and for tracking info.

We will see if they respond..

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
13,851 Posts
Because they car is not functional with them. The tune they put on makes my car run like crap.

I'll post the aftermath but I had to vent my frustrations with them.

Does anyone else know of a company that can tune the r129? OE Tuning was the only company I found
OK so it sounds like they actually tuned your originals instead of providing your with exchange units. Not what you want to hear but these guys can provide you with replacement stock units. Beckmann Technologies. They do not do tuning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well they haven't provided tracking and I sent them the email asking for that info, they called me about 10 minutes after I sent that and I missed their call as I was picking up my phone, called them back twice no answer..

So it sounds like if everything goes smoothly with oe tuning they seem to be alright but if you have an issue you'll be in for a ride

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I finally decided to end this and put in a credit card claim and I'll go find some new ecu's

I messaged them and called them a few times this past week, they responded twice stating the would provide tracking info. Over the course of 4 days..of course no tracking info was provided. Finally I just said I've had enough of this and I alerted Ryan to this forum post. Like clockwork he called me about 10 minutes after I sent the email with a link to this thread telling me he shipped it out but he can't find the tracking info and there isn't any record on his fedex account of my package. If I am a betting man I'm guessing my ecu's are gone...so if anyone knows of or has any ecu's to spare for a reasonable price let me know.

My ecu part number: 0235450732

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
So you sent your ecus back for them to fix and then they haven’t mailed the ecus back?
That’s straight up theft. I hope you chargedback for the total cost of fully functioning ecus and not just the tuning service.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The guys lying. No tracking number, no proof it shipped. If he legit shipped it he should be calling fedex repeatedly until they get him the tracking number that’s supposedly missing from his account

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SO...I'm sure everyone us wondering what's the status on these ecu's?? Well I'm sure this is a shocker to everyone but no the car still runs like crap. Misfires, low power etc. Just going to buy new ecu's. Total waste of time and money and thoroughly regret doing this

1 - 20 of 43 Posts