Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very stupid question... but does everyone here follows the Maintenance Schedule and bring their MB to the dealer for every service plan? Is every service necessary?

If not, then what do you do at a certain milage? (i.e. oil change every 6000 miles, change air filter at every ? miles, or Tire rotation at every ? miles... etc)

-Thanks in advace for your help...

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,162 Posts
IcyKool - 4/19/2006 8:29 AM

This is a very stupid question... but does everyone here follows the Maintenance Schedule and bring their MB to the dealer for every service plan? Is every service necessary?

If not, then what do you do at a certain milage? (i.e. oil change every 6000 miles, change air filter at every ? miles, or Tire rotation at every ? miles... etc)

-Thanks in advace for your help...
If you want to maintain your warranty and want the vehicle to last, every service should be done per the schedule. You should have a maintenance booklet that came with your car that details this. You don't need to have the dealer do it, as long as you maintain documentation that everything has been done and when. However, I find having the dealer do the regular services builds a good relationship with the service department, so if you have a warranty issue, you are much better supported.

Many people here, myself included, would recommend throwing in an extra oil change at the mid-point between regular ones (6k-8k range).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts