Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for the maintenance schedule for: oil and fuel filter changes and other necessary repairs for a 190 diesel. Basically, how many miles between each and when to do them and what to look for.

Thanks

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
6,726 Posts
Well, depends how the car was maintained, how much you drive, how you drive. Etc. If you like to be overly cautious and treat the car well obviously you would like to change it more often.

As for what the OEM spec standards are I'm not too sure off the top of my head but I'm fairly sure Stefan has posted them up before

·
Registered
190E 2.0 euro spec
47 Posts
This is from the 190revolution board

Inspection at 800-1000 miles

Lubrication Service every 7,500 miles or twice a year (spring & fall)

Maintenance Service every 15,000 miles or two years

Additional Work every 30,000 miles

MB suggested replacing oil and filter every 3750 miles for "hard and sporty" driving

Auto trans fluid change every 15,000 miles, filter and fluid at 30K intervals

Brake fluid annually, preferably in the spring.

Coolant change at least every 3 years.

Lube engine throttle, linkage rods and shafts every 7,500 or twice a year (thats a lot of grease!)

Cats might need replacement after 50K miles

Every 15K: oil/filter, new plugs, lube throttle parts, door hinges, door locks and hood. Check fluid levels, inspect everything else for wear and tear.

Every 30K: oil/filter, air filter, check V-belt, replace O2 sensor, replace plugs, check clutch, flex discs

Every 60K: Replace fuel filter

Once a year: Replace brake fluid, clean water drains, clean and lube sunroof rails and sliding blocks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts