Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get some sort of logbook for maintenance stuff I do for my car like oil changes and the like without having to keep receipts in the glove compartment. Does the dealer sell these still, even in the same packaging as the original one? Does anybody know how much they go for?

Plan on writing down maintenance I've done since I got the car from the first oil change to the current one.[:)]

·
Registered
1982 280ce Australia
81 Posts
Yes !!!...you can get maintainance books from Mb Usa..or any country for that matter....they run about $20 US dollars and are called maintainance book

Or alternatively you can print maintainance sheets and fill them out for your mechanic or yourself.

I'll try an attach a copy for you to this posting.
It's a PDF file.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll drop by my local dealer to see if they have some in stock.

What do they come with? Stickers that indicate mileage? The original one was not continued for a while before I got the car, I plan to close the gap. Hopefully MB provides stickers for above 150,000miles [:)]

·
Registered
1982 280ce Australia
81 Posts
They are usually a blue book [depends on your model]

they have the blank maintainance sheets in the back

I'm trying to convert a PDF file on my computer to a JPEG file ...so I can post here for you to just print out

Or I can email you

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM sent [:)]

Thanks, I went to MBUSA.com and set up my online portfolio. Didn't know that until you mentioned MBUSA.com.

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,703 Posts
Once again mercedessource may have what your looking for.

Maintenance Log Book For ALL MODELS
Item # MRG-COMMLBA
$15

·
Registered
1986 300E, 1978 280CE
68 Posts
I just buy generic blank journals 3"x4" at Barnes and Nobles for a few bucks each time I buy a car - You can keep year's woth of log entries in them and make notes to yourself on maintenance and performance tips in there too - I log all fuel purchases - dates and places - only takes a few minutes to do each time and it really helps to scroll back a page or 2 and see exactly what the mileage was for last tire rotation, etc.

John

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I mostly post all maintenance stuff I do here, I might just backtrack for now until I see if the MB manual is worth the $29 or if a goodsized notebook would do. The Mercedes Source one is OK but for $15? Well we'll see. MBUSA still has the online thing too (like a diary) so I could stick to those for now.

I like the idea of writing down notes on what has been done on the car at what mileage and what date. Keeps track of the car's history after years of ownership [:)]

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,703 Posts
Patrick
Did you ever come up with any thing to use for this? My Maintenance book is now full and I need to get something. Or might just use a spreedsheet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts