Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 C 280
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a few problems with my C280

AC ELEMENT $1600 (The air stops blowing while holding down the gas)

Lock Sensor $600 (The glass chipped out and is no longer working)

Rear Differential Oil Leak $600

All adds up to $2800-3000 estimate.

Can't decide to fix the problem or do something else because the car is valued at $4000.

Is this all normal problems? Part of me wants to sell the car and go buy a new Toyota but part of me love this car had it for 12 years and had enough maintenance problems.

·
Registered
95 C220
1,362 Posts
have you checked the dismantlers for used parts?!? you're definitely gonna save big bucks on the rancho cucamonga dismatlers... :dunno:

also try your local wrecking yards...

AC problem might be a blower clutch problem. :dunno:

·
Registered
880 Posts
1. Don't understand what the problem is with the AC. Does the airflow change direction? Get hot? Get cold. You may have a bad vacuum motor/accumulator, and when you step on the gas you lose vacuum.

2. Is differential full? Sometimes they just show 'wetness'.

3. Does lock/unlock work from the trunk or rear view mirror. If the mirror still works, you really don't need the door sensor. Just aim a little higher. Find something to cover the sensor and forget about it.

Note: the door sensor breaks because it's a natural resting place for our thumbs when we open the door. Just a better Mercedes/German idea. As is eliminating the key lock on the driver's side.

4. Before you waste/spend a lot of money, get another opinion, or get another car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts