Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm looking into buying a '107.

I'd appreciate any kind of input from current owners. I was wondering how much maintianance costs the average 107 owner per year.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1973 450sl
11 Posts
I've had my '73 450sl for about five years. I've spent a total of about $4000 in maintena...

I've had my '73 450sl for about five years. I've spent a total of about $4000 in maintenance, so a little under $1000 a year. That's with me doing all the work though. I took it to a Mercedes dealer once, but most of their techs are young, so they don't have training on the old cars. I've taken it to three so-called Mercedes mechanics and they all refused to work on it; said it was too old. If I were you, I'd either buy the newest 107 I could find (once from the mid or late '80s), so that the dealer could diagnose the things you can't figure out, or buy the oldest SL I could find, like an old 280 or 230, because they don't have the complex emissions systems that interfere with performance. If you buy an old one, make sure you have another car that is reliable, because you'll probably have to replace every wire and rubber hose. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 560SL
26 Posts
Annual Maintenance Costs

I have owned my 1988 560SL for over nine years and in that time I have probably spent approximately $5000 in repair and maintenance to the vehicle. Much of the expense went into replacing the driver's side window regulator and water pump which totaled at the time at $1400. I do most of my maintenance to try to keep the costs down.

·
Registered
560 sl
5 Posts
Milage

Hello, I own a 1988 560sl also.
I made the same repairs you did and some others.
I just wanted to know the milage on your car.
Thank you, Bill

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 560SL
26 Posts
Mileage Question

Current mileage on my car is 91600 miles. My regulator and water pump failed at mileage 84000 just for your information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Merry Christmas. [:)]...

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Merry Christmas. [:)]

·
Premium Member
2008 E 320 Bluetec (ELEGANCE) 2005 CLK500 (avant-garde)
1,928 Posts
Who does your work? I've had older Benz's and the local dealer never batted an eye to wo...

Who does your work? I've had older Benz's and the local dealer never batted an eye to work on my dad's 1972 280SE. $1400 for a water pump??????was it gold plated??????? Mine was $375

What gives here?[}:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts