Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For maybe two weeks I have had problems with my mailbox and yesterday I updated Firefox to version 8, then my mailbox stopped functioning altogether and I had to change the password then it worked fine.

The error code told me someone is using your mailbox to send hundreds of messages. Drew?:D

Were they welcome to the "basement" messages LOL.

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean I won't be getting those checks? damn, I wonder who I sent those pics to.
If you sent these messages outside of merka and expect checks then do realise this word does not relate to cheques, so hey you loose. Check and check mate.

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it may be that Beaky chap looking for pron. Poor lonesome guy with a 129 and cannot pull the ladies eh? They see the car and are instantly interested and then they see him and realise he does not use the "neat boys" forum sigh.

·
Banned
a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo.
14,116 Posts
I am having a similar problem with my mailbox. I haven't received a single notice that I am about to be banned for at least a week. is the problem with my box or the BWOT servers?

·
Registered
1999 ML320
24,029 Posts
For maybe two weeks I have had problems with my mailbox and yesterday I updated Firefox to version 8, then my mailbox stopped functioning altogether and I had to change the password then it worked fine.

The error code told me someone is using your mailbox to send hundreds of messages. Drew?:D

Were they welcome to the "basement" messages LOL.
Your mailbox got hacked.

Not surprising really given where you are.

It is certain the central authorities have every single email that you sent. Compared to the billion locals, the number of foreigners living as Chinese can't be that many to track closely. It's a good thing that you haven't posted any inflammatory material against them.

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your mailbox got hacked.

Not surprising really given where you are.

It is certain the central authorities have every single email that you sent. Compared to the billion locals, the number of foreigners living as Chinese can't be that many to track closely. It's a good thing that you haven't posted any inflammatory material against them.
Someone hacked it I feel sure, but living in a glass house I do not throw rocks.

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This happened to a fellow member and friend over at the R129 forum.

Many others were receiving spam emails from his yahoo address when in fact it was hacked.
It would seem appropriate, considering the number of spammers I have banned, but I think it is more than this. Only time will tell, my email box is not 100% ok yet, still having probs.

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Absolutely. :thumbsup:
Ken a couple of screen shots here, you may be able to help. Use the pm facility as I cannot trust the box. Note, my box is in UK and not the US, so who is playing games here, not the Chinese I feel.

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Learning more every second;

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Learning more every second;
And this led me to American sensorship.com and another little pic before I explore more of this. I checked out my old password and walla it worked, why? NOTE the Australian news bit in the capture.

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not my line of work here, but they say it's relatively easy to hack into an email or Facebook account. :eek:
Email with a very secure password, well it should not be. But it seems it is very simple. Now to more research and find out who. This is actually quite easy also.

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Email with a very secure password, well it should not be. But it seems it is very simple. Now to more research and find out who. This is actually quite easy also.
We once had a local ex-employee hack into my company's website.

However, the log in details showed that it was accessed from the state of Texas.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts