1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 C230 K
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

1998 230k sport
I replaced my megnetic clutch yesterday. The old one was not engaging and i had rough idiling and loss of power. The reading said the clutch was faulty. After i replaced the clutch the
idling is better , but the clutch still does not engage and still no power. Is the something that
needs to be reset and what else can it be.

·
Registered
1998 C230 K
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi

1998 230k sport
I replaced my megnetic clutch yesterday. The old one was not engaging and i had rough idiling and loss of power. The reading said the clutch was faulty. After i replaced the clutch the
idling is better , but the clutch still does not engage and still no power. Is the something that
needs to be reset and what else can it be.
HI , Stil no help out there ?

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
I am worried that the clutch wasn't the root issue and that there is some other issue(s) which is triggering the ECU to block the clutch from being engaged. Did you have your car put on the diagnotic computer to confirm all the codes and possible issues? I would do some serious searching of the R710 forum using supercharger as a search term (and maybe clutch). The SLK230 uses the same engine and there are guys on that forum who really know their stuff when it comes to the 2.3L Kompressor. Be considerate though and don't post a question there until after you have searched and are sure the question has not already been answered.

·
Registered
2000 c230k Sport
32 Posts
Be considerate though and don't post a question there until after you have searched and are sure the question has not already been answered.
Good call... This forum is the way to go.... I kinda have a simlar issue and figure I'll do my homework for the problem before I ask away. Feel free to message me if ya found your solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2000 C230K W202 M111

Hi I know this is a few years later. but I'm having the same issue with my supercharger unit. replaced the clutch and whole charger itself. The clutch is still not engaging. wondering if you ever found a fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts