Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, you how spring is clean-up time. The wife is out in the 280 GE last Saturday with a friend and two dogs when the engine quits. She knows cars and engines and determined that it was not getting gas. It turned out that the fuel pump finally gave up at 5:30 pm on a Saturday in front of one of the more exclusive neighborhoods over here in Music City. A starter home is $1 million! Anyway, I get the call. "Come and get this @$#[email protected]! truck and get me home!" Okay I pick her up and call a tow truck. A curious policeman comes up and asks what happened to the two women who were there before! It seems the homeowners president had called the cops on me. WOW! It gets better. After an hour and a half, no tow yet, the policeman calls his tow truck. ($65 for an 8-block trip.) Then my tow guy shows up. Anywhere in town for $25. The cop just points at his watch. A new fuel pump and a new relay later, Magilla is good as new. BUT, I got the speech about all this old STUFF needs fixing all the time. True. Magilla the G-rilla is on a web site near you, hanging out with some other beasts at eurotruck. Sean will let you visit free. Find him a good home. He's a loveable old cuss, he just "DON"T LIKE NO LADY DRIVERS!!!" Don't feed the G-rillas unless you want one to follow you home. I still have the "Old Reliable" 300 GD. Have a great time cutting grass on Saturday! I'm painting.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts