Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two 140-540-00-81 harnesses just came in, And Im ready to tackle the job of rewiring the two MAFs.

I remember seeing the factory service instructions somewhere, and I have no idea where. I wish I would have saved them.

Does anyone have a link or anything they could post? The manual i had seen had all the pinouts and everything on which connectors to use.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Same here, need these instructions for the future, no failure in functionality yet, but SL320 is indeed will need this in the future...

Regards,
D

·
Registered
102 Posts
I too ordered and received new harnesses(2). Do any of our forum gurus have information on the actual replacement ??

Thank you in advance
Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Many thanks to MAVA and Roadhouse for the help!! MB should have replaced the DEFECTIVE wiring but instead denied the problems

Best regards
Mike P

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I look at it this way:
Since so many people are scared of these cars, due to their degrading wiring harnesses, the prices are in the dumps.
This way I can afford to have three of these magnificent beasts!

On another note, I do see a trend that the value of the M120 cars is rising.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the PDF!

I knew i had seen it somewhere. Pulling the car in the shop tonight and getting started on the rewire first thing in the morning.

Mine is REALLY bad, like running pig rich and getting poor gas mileage. Hoping this frees up some lost horsepower. Im going to have exhaust done next week and going to remove the cat since its probably toast from running so rich anyway.

Thanks guys!
Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Sam Alfano
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing