Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
In my mercedes it had the speakers around the car and they created amazing bass.
I put subs in the trunk, It reduced bootspace and gave the car alot of boot rattle.
It made the car sound shit in my opinion.
Everyshop quoted me $2000+ price to fit a sub in the cabin and had to tear the car apart.
Me and my mate did it in 11 hours today, without taking the car apart and the sub sounds great.
The specs of the sub are
Apline 10inch 1800watt (subwoofer)
The box we made is custom made by me and my friend.
If you would like to see picture's id be happy to post some just ask.
With this you get all the needed bootspace for everyday need if you dont have sub in the car.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Heres some pictures.
Please dont leave hater comments or saying i ruined my car.
If you like this design and want to know how we did it and made it and all the factors involved with this, I'd be more than happy to help out.
Me and my friend are both 18, were not professional audio shop just two guys who know there stuff
Every shop told us what were gona do is look ugly and not going to work
When we completed the project everyone said *it looks like its ment to be there looks great*

These two pictures arnt the best but give you a good idea how it turned out,
We could've done the job ALOT better and made it perfect but it was 43degree's today (celsius) very hot and yeah did it in a limited time, in the future we will remove that box remake a new and better one.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hope you guys like it :S
(Boot is a bit dirty because of the work we did)

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
faizano that looks sick!!!

Lol how do i do it and what do i need?

I basically want the music louder with Base so will this help me get that?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lol thansk man :)
If you really are interested in making this urself or if you want a shop to make this for you i could send your the plans me and my mate made up and how we installed it.
Yes this will do it for you man, especially the bass its incredible.
+ this sub will take stress off ur speakers as well bass wise and give you clear sound quality :p.
Best thing about this sub set up is that you can hear the bass inside the car really well.
If you get subwoofers in box's in the boot you cant hear it, just get massive amount of boot rattle which i think makes the car look shit lol especially a mercedes.

By the way what do you honestly think about the project me and my friend did?
I personally love it but i just want others honest opinion as well lol.

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
please email it to me at [email protected] that would be great!!!

Also exactly what car do you have??

I think its great and i been wanting to do this for a while now but i didn't actually have the time or guts to go ahead and try it. But after seeing it done than its a whole different story.. Ima try it out for the summer

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The amp is seperate, In my case i've hidden it to make it look neater.
All the cable's are hidden as well.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
please email it to me at [email protected] that would be great!!!

Also exactly what car do you have??

I think its great and i been wanting to do this for a while now but i didn't actually have the time or guts to go ahead and try it. But after seeing it done than its a whole different story.. Ima try it out for the summer
Sure man ill do that tonight.
I have an e350 bro.
but yeah i've been wanting a sub in my car and now i finally have it.
Took it to audio shops n yeah charging way to much and saying they would have to take the rear seats out and cut the frame and i really didnt want that.
So me and my friend sat down looked took us 2 days to plan it out thought of all the factors and everything, im off to show the audio shops and pretty much put it in there faces lol, because they said we couldnt do it and it couldnt be done.

·
Registered
mercedes e270 cdi 2004
7 Posts
subwoofer fitment

Hi, am interested in putting subwoofer into my e class, could you please send some pictures, plus how did you connect the amp up.
thanks

hey
In my mercedes it had the speakers around the car and they created amazing bass.
I put subs in the trunk, It reduced bootspace and gave the car alot of boot rattle.
It made the car sound shit in my opinion.
Everyshop quoted me $2000+ price to fit a sub in the cabin and had to tear the car apart.
Me and my mate did it in 11 hours today, without taking the car apart and the sub sounds great.
The specs of the sub are
Apline 10inch 1800watt (subwoofer)
The box we made is custom made by me and my friend.
If you would like to see picture's id be happy to post some just ask.
With this you get all the needed bootspace for everyday need if you dont have sub in the car.

·
Registered
2005 E500
73 Posts
I'd also love that DIY. Can you just post it in this thread so that when people like me stumble on it years after it was op'd you don't have to come back to it?

Also, looks great and I'd still have trunk space for my golf clubs!

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Faizano no longer has his car..
he is with big dogs now lol after swapping his E350 on CLS 55 AMG.
Waiting new ride pic's from him.

·
Registered
Mercedes B200 Turbo year model 2008
5 Posts
Heres some pictures.
Please dont leave hater comments or saying i ruined my car.
If you like this design and want to know how we did it and made it and all the factors involved with this, I'd be more than happy to help out.
Me and my friend are both 18, were not professional audio shop just two guys who know there stuff
Every shop told us what were gona do is look ugly and not going to work
When we completed the project everyone said *it looks like its ment to be there looks great*

These two pictures arnt the best but give you a good idea how it turned out,
We could've done the job ALOT better and made it perfect but it was 43degree's today (celsius) very hot and yeah did it in a limited time, in the future we will remove that box remake a new and better one.
Hi, I can't see the pictures of what you have done with the sub on your car! can you post them so I can see them? Or eventually can you tell me where did you manage to put the sub woofer?

thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts