Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the onset of "machine gun locks" or is it something else, like a control relay or logic:
--With all locks up, the car refuses to lock using the remote. I do hear a couple clicks under the hood--relay? And the interior lights dim.
-- If you then hit the unlock button, the lights come on as they should (but the locks are already open)
-- With all locks down/locked, one touch of "open" unlocks the driver's door. But two touches unlock the other doors while locking the driver's.
-- After that, it's like the sequence is lost--another unlock command opens the driver's door and locks the other 3. Repeat, and the driver's locks and the others open.
-- I can lock the driver's door normally using the key in the lock.
-- There's no real rat-a-tat-tat "gunning" or oscillation beyond one cycle.

I'm wading through some of the many posts, but how does this actually work? Why does a failed actuator affect the sequence of the locks? I can see it not moving, but why do the others do the opposite? Does it sense the driver's lock closing first as a condition for locking the others?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,756 Posts
Remove the K20 relay which is the lock all doors relay and substitute K17 (arrow) in its place. Then check for proper locking sequence. In any event replace K17 back in its normal slot.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried swapping the relays, but noticed that the fuse was blown. Replaced it, and after one initial cycle-and-a-half burst, everything's fine. So of course the question is what blew the fuse? The locks operated as posted below last night--clearly energized. My wife didn't use them today. I only tried to lock it (didn't work, as expected) before I swapped the relays. So I may have only fixed a symptom here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts