Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 55
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to my folder for more pics...thanks to Peter at wheel experts for the wheels and advice. Also my team at Vision Car Audio in San Carlos,CA.

Attachments

·
Registered
CLK 55
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Looks good!...

Looks good!
thanks man...well when i said it was finally done, i spoke to soon. i could use a little help from kleeman to offset the audio equipment =0

i've been to your site...great to see a red 55. not too many around. any 55 clubs out here? let me know maybe we can get all the 55's together for a run.

take care!

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Re: Re: Looks good!...

Looks good!
thanks man...well when i said it was finally done, i spoke to soon. i could use a little help from kleeman to offset the audio equipment =0

i've been to your site...great to see a red 55. not too many around. any 55 clubs out here? let me know maybe we can get all the 55's together for a run.

take care!

That would be great!
But I haven't seen very many 55's around.
It would be cool to get a bunch of AMG's together, I'd be willing to go over to the bay area and meet up!
Keep up the good work,
Tim
PS
As for Kleemann, it's must have! [8D]

·
Registered
CLK 55
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Looks good!...

Looks good!

take care!

That would be great!
But I haven't seen very many 55's around.
It would be cool to get a bunch of AMG's together, I'd be willing to go over to the bay area and meet up!
Keep up the good work,
Tim
PS
As for Kleemann, it's must have! [8D]

Tim,

I was thinking 55's from every class or like you said AMG's or maybe just all the CLK's 208/209's anyway I think it would be fun..we could go to old sacto as well...=) Maybe we can ask Frank if he has any info on anybody already doing this. How long did it take for the Kleemann?

thanks.
Navid

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
The Kleemann installation was about a week.
I sent the car via Transport to Colorado Spri...

The Kleemann installation was about a week.
I sent the car via Transport to Colorado Springs to have the Super Charger done and some other work.
I picked up the car the end of last month.
so far it's been perfect. No poblems.
It is everything they said it was.
They advertise it to be "Comfort Power" and that's a good way to explain it.
Old Sac would be ok! I'd be willing to set things up like parking, restuarant, and a cruise after words. If we could get enough people to come.
Some time in late April, May works for me!
Tim

·
Registered
BMW 740iL
32 Posts
Love that tag!

That's GOT to get under the skin of the Beemer boys in your area. Love it! Wish I had thought of it. In reference to the 55's, It seems like 95% of them are here in NC. Thought is was a pretty rare car and now I see one almost every week. I passed a lady today in a cab55. She didn't even waive. I slowed back down so that she could notice that mine was also a 55 but it didn't seem to get her attention. Maybe her hubby bought it for her.

·
Registered
CLK 55
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Love that tag!

That's GOT to get under the skin of the Beemer boys in your area. Love it! Wish I had thought of it. In reference to the 55's, It seems like 95% of them are here in NC. Thought is was a pretty rare car and now I see one almost every week. I passed a lady today in a cab55. She didn't even waive. I slowed back down so that she could notice that mine was also a 55 but it didn't seem to get her attention. Maybe her hubby bought it for her.
Thanks. The m3's always want to race...the 40+ don't even look over. Cops laugh though..they get a kick out of it. I've noticed that some 55's don't pay attention to anything. Maybe they just walked into the dealership and said give me the most expensive car you have without knowing anything about it....
Your car is listed as a 740il on your profile...time to change that =))

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
Tim and I had a CLK Get Together, all two CLKs showed up! Too bad I'm not in the area a...

Tim and I had a CLK Get Together, all two CLKs showed up! Too bad I'm not in the area anymore, otherwise, it'd be fun tagging along with you M3 killers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kleemann Supercharger

Hey Timster, I have a 2000 208. I have been adding to the car piece by piece since I bought it. I just put the lorinser DTM ground effects on and have ordered the 19" Wald D25 wheels to replace my 18" AMg chrome monblocks. I think that I have done what I can as far as looks. Now I am really interested in the Kleemann supercharger and supension programs. I have been follwing your correspondence for a while and it sounds like it was a good experience with Kleemann. Have you had any problems so far. Is the increase in power a seemless as it sounds. I was wondering, did you transport the car yourself or did you arrange for it to be delivered? Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

clearwaterbenz

·
Registered
CLK 55 AMG
3 Posts
talk about rare.....

the 208 55s are definitely rare...and now i can barely see a CLK 2...

talk about rare.....

the 208 55s are definitely rare...and now i can barely see a CLK 209 around...not to mention a CLK 55 209

i was wondering the other day...when my mom drives it..i wonder if there'd be M3s mess around with her and she won't even realize? lol

btw..how much HP does a 208 55 put out?

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Re: Kleemann Supercharger

Hey Timster, I have a 2000 208. I have been adding to the car piece by piece since I bought it. I just put the lorinser DTM ground effects on and have ordered the 19" Wald D25 wheels to replace my 18" AMg chrome monblocks. I think that I have done what I can as far as looks. Now I am really interested in the Kleemann supercharger and supension programs. I have been follwing your correspondence for a while and it sounds like it was a good experience with Kleemann. Have you had any problems so far. Is the increase in power a seemless as it sounds. I was wondering, did you transport the car yourself or did you arrange for it to be delivered? Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

clearwaterbenz

Clearwaterbenz,
I had the car transported in an enclosed trailer to Colorado. And I borrowed a friend’s trailer to pick up the car.
Transporting companies are a pain in the A$$. Most of the transporter companies use contractors who own there own trucks. (BS Artists)
There are a few that do there own. When I had my 996 TT transported from Houston I had Exotic Car transporters bring the car to me. Those guys are a class act!
As for Kleemann it is has been totally trouble free. It is completely seamless. It's just like there advertisement "Comfort Power".
Best of luck to you on your future mods
Tim

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Re: talk about rare.....the 208 55s are definitely rare...and now i can barely see a CLK 2

talk about rare.....

the 208 55s are definitely rare...and now i can barely see a CLK 209 around...not to mention a CLK 55 209

i was wondering the other day...when my mom drives it..i wonder if there'd be M3s mess around with her and she won't even realize? lol

btw..how much HP does a 208 55 put out?

Stock CLK55 AMG's have 342HP and 375LBS torque.
At the rear wheels about 284HP 292LBS torque.
Not bad for a 3400+lbs car.
Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts