Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
CLK200 Kompressor M271 automatic gearbox 722.6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody,

I'm a french student and I bought a 2004 CLK 200 Kompressor one year ago. I'm here because I have a problem with this car. I would like to know if you can help me as I can't seem to solve the problem myself.Please.

So, my problem is : When I start the car, during a few time, the engine will be hesitating and rough when accelerating. After a few moment, it will running smooth. If the car is hot, , after starting the car, there is the same issue. The idle is steady. Sometimes, when I leave a "Stop", the cars hesistates too.

This problem is very hard to solve because it's intermittent but more and more present.

In order to solve this problem, I had replaced and checked many things :
  • The two O2 sensor have been replaced
  • The four coils have been replaced
  • The four spark plugs have been replaced
  • The ventilation hoses under the supercharger have been replaced
  • The wiring harness and all the connectors have been cleaned because of the leaky magnet camshaft sensor
  • The two camshaft magnet sensors were tested (they are activated when we apply a 12V tension)
  • The MAF has been cleaned
  • A compression test was made, every cylinder is approximately 10,5 - 11bar.
  • The timing chain has been checked and the tension seems to be good. The two camshaft pulleys seem also in good condition.
  • Tue fuel pressure has been checked, approximately 3.5bar.

After all these tests, I have no more idea....

In advance, thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Raphaël

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum @MisterKompressor - please take a moment to visit your forum user's control panel. Go into "Account Settings", then "Account Details". Fill in the information for your "Location" (at least state/country), and your "Vehicle Details" (model and year). This will appear on all of your posts in the left pane, below your name and avatar photo. If you have more cars than will show there, then add them to your "Signature". This information will be of great assistance to others when trying to help you.

Are you getting any error codes? It could be a weak fuel pump, but don't go throwing parts at it until you know the cause.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer rudeney, I filled the informations.

I don't have any error code or "engine light". However, one time, I had the P2029 and the P2046 but I don't know why. They never come again.
I measured the fuel pressure and I have approximately 3,5bar, which is ok I think.

·
Registered
'04 CLK500 Cabrio, '73 350SE, '00 ML320, '86 230E
34 Posts
Hi there, those codes sound like its your MAF. A failing MAF sensor will also produce the symptoms you describe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your answer. How can I test the MAF before its replacement ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the best place to start, before you start buying parts, would be to get the car scanned properly. Clear any old codes, and see what comes back. In regards to the MAF, only buy original. The cheapy ones almost always give problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have already scanned the car (not with Mercedes-Benz diagnosis) and there is no more error code even if the car runs rough.

·
21,315 Posts
Try unplugging the wiring harness from the MAF sensor. If that improves, then replace the MAF sensor.

Reactions: freakoid9000

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try that, thank you for your help !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, there is no change with the MAF unplugged.

I made a short video to show you the problem. When I lightly and progressivly press the pedal, the car runs "fine" , but, if I "clearly" press the pedal, the car is running roughly and it's impossible to reach high RPM.

If you have any idea... 😇

·
Registered
34 Posts
I still think you will need to get it scanned with the proper Mercedes SDS system that can read ALL the codes. Everything else would just be guess work at this point. However, Rodney is the guru around here, and may have some further insights for you. Keep us posted, and good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I will go to my MB dealership if nobody has an idea. Thank you for your advice freakoid9000 :)

·
21,315 Posts
If the dealership is your only option, then do so, but in the USA, I always recommend an independent shop instead. Our dealers are just in it for the money and will bleed you dry, often throwing expensive parts at problems without fixing them. One thing I might suggest is investing in your own scan tool. Models from iCarsoft (i980, MBII, v2.0, v3.0), Autel (MaxDiag, MD808, MD806) and Foxwell (n510 Elite) can scan all of your car's proprietary systems and also read and display live data. Even if you can't fix the problem yourself, it arms you with information that might help you not get screwed by the shop.

·
21,315 Posts
One other thought - this could be an issue with the drive-by-wire throttle system. Try re-synchronizing it:

1. Make sure everything in the car is turned off and closed.
2. Turn the key to position 2 so all the dash lights are illuminated.
3. Press the accelerator fully to the floor, depressing the "kick-down" button.
4. Hold he pedal for 5 seconds and continue to hold it down.
5. Turn the ignition switch back one click to position 1.
6. Release the accelerator pedal, but leave the key in position 1.
7. Sit quietly and wait for about two minutes - do NOT open or turn anything on.
8. Listen for a "click" or "ping" noise form the dash.
9. Start the engine and drive the car for at least five minutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I would have prefered an independant but I don't have one near me.

I tried the re-synchronisation but it has no effect.
Thank you for your help.

·
21,315 Posts
Good luck - let us know what you find out, please!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't go to the dealership before two weeks. When I resolve the problem, i will tell you what is its origin, no problem (If I succeed) ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Before going to the dealership, I think I will remove and clean the throttle body. It could be the faulting part. I have nothing to lose.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts