Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking to see if anybody knows of an aftermarket ECU that I can use for an M120 engine . I would not need a lot of options i.e. traction control ect. as this is going into a vintage Mercedes .
From what I have found you need to use wasted spark. I would like to use 12 coil drivers for coil on plug setup .
Any info or ECU recommendations would be apprectiated .
Thanks

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
7,949 Posts
Hey guys,

I am looking to see if anybody knows of an aftermarket ECU that I can use for an M120 engine . I would not need a lot of options i.e. traction control ect. as this is going into a vintage Mercedes .
From what I have found you need to use wasted spark. I would like to use 12 coil drivers for coil on plug setup .
Any info or ECU recommendations would be apprectiated .
Thanks
Go here:

Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum, DIY Technical Advice, Parts and Cars for Sale - Welcome to the PeachParts Forum!

Select this one:

Mercedes-Benz Performance Paddock - PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

Search by using "M120".

It seams the aftermarket controller is "Megasquirt", and here is a thread on it:

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-benz-performance-paddock/267257-megasquirt-idea-m120-v12-will-work.html

You could go this route, and transplant the wiring from SL like this person did...

M120 into 560SL (With Pictures!) - PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

You could PM this guy who is doing this car..

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/tech-help/384947-m120-coil-pack-question.html

Hope it helps,

Martin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.
From what I have read Motec doesn't have 12 coil drivers for COP setup. So I would have to go with the older M120 with distributors.
Also Motec ECU's are very pricey but I am sure you get what you pay for .
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Martin,
Did a quick search on peach parts and sent a PM to John Roncallo.
Looks like he has done this .
Looks like I can get a lot of info of this website ( peachparts ) Thanks again
Cheers

·
Registered
95 S600
918 Posts
Go on the Megasquirt forums and search "m120", it's been done plenty of times before. I've built a MS before and it isnt too hard if you take your time. I have a guy that can build me a MS and harness for any engine I'd want. His prices are worth not doing it myself again lol

·
Registered
1977 Sierra Grande
1 Posts
Go on the Megasquirt forums and search "m120", it's been done plenty of times before. I've built a MS before and it isnt too hard if you take your time. I have a guy that can build me a MS and harness for any engine I'd want. His prices are worth not doing it myself again lol
Please PM me. I'm doing a swap and would like to get in contact with the gentleman you speak of. Thank you

·
Registered
1994 s600 coupe
380 Posts
the M120 would be an amazing engine, for a vintage transplant or project car,
if 2 carburetors were used. one Holley 600cfm 2-barrel carburetor per side.
adapted/bolted to the existing intake manifold.
then have an MSD or Mallory, etc. box control the spark only.
much simpler. and it would make more power due to increased airflow at WOT.
1200 cfm.
screw blocking bungs into the 12 fuel injector ports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts