Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
W140 s500L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my brothers.. I have a 95 s500.. It starts off a bit slowish till 3.5rpm but from 3.5 revs all the way down to 7 quickly.. I don't think it's performing as it should.. Another problem is I think the kick down switch is broken.. In a nut shell what should I do to bring this car to it's full potential.. What should I inspect / replace / alter . . .

Kind Regards

·
Registered
1998 W140 S420
271 Posts

·
Registered
94 s420 250kmiles
827 Posts
mine is the same way, its the ETA going bad, if you floor it from a stand still it feels powerfull but driving normal it feels like you have 800lbs in the trunk, it can be rebuilt by Welcome to Beckmann Technologies! im not sure how much it is to rebuild but its cheaper than a new one from the dealer its 700+

·
Registered
W140 s500L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies.. Haha at least I'm not the only one here.. I think the issue is when I was rebuilding the engine, I messed up the timing.. I think it's slightly out.. Honestly word of advice to everyone if it isn't broken don't mess with it..

I had drag with a 2010 c200 komp and the bastard was by my side through out till 170 ish km

1 - 5 of 5 Posts