Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As the title states, I have for sale 2 remaining sets of original metal oiler tubes (bridges) that I pulled from a 1992 500SE, and another set from a 1992 400E along with the valve covers from the same car. All tubes are intact and ready to run.

As some of you know, the later plastic tubes are prone to breaking and will reward you with a horrible valve-tick if you do not replace them. The metal ones are no longer available from the factory and this is not a job you will want to repeat! Even all the aftermarket sources for those trick blue anodized tubes (that no one will ever see, and cost twice what I'm asking) are back-ordered with no estimate of when they will replenish stocks. If you have a valve tick on you M119, and your car is 1993 or later, your tubes are likely to be the problem. I also have 3 spare tubes available individualy if you need to complete a set of your own.

Here is a photo of what a blown plastic tube looks like taken from AMGdave's website - w124-performance.com:

The valve covers seem to have the factory paint on them and should clean up nicely. The valve covers will NOT work with newer coil-on-plug M119 motors found in most 1996+ w210 and w140 cars. I will be happy to assist with any fitment concerns. Includes plastic spark plug covers.

Prices are local pickup, but I accept PayPal and am willing to ship at the buyer's expense.

Oil Tubes: $225/set of 16 OR $15/each
Valve Covers: $100/pair

I will be happy to provide photos if necessary. Call/text - OK.

Thanks!
Justin
[email protected]
(951)750-2507

Oiler tubes:

Valve Covers:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All tubes are sold at this time. I do plan to get more in the future, feel free to drop me a line if you need a set and if I don't already have one, I'll get it within a week or so.

Thanks again to everyone who bought a set!

The valve covers are still available.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I've got a rebuilt set available. Fully cleaned of all oil/debris inside and out. Then fitted with new OEM O-rings. Price is $300 shipped in the USA.

I've bought and sold about 5-6 sets since I last posted. Most of the time, I have 2-3 people lined up to buy these through email before I even get them. Even if these sell, shoot me an email if you need some. I can usually get them within a week or two if there aren't too many people in line ahead of you.

Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts