Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190e2.6 sold, 300E part,300 SEL pending final verdict, 560SEL SOLD, 560 SEC Sold, 300 TD given away
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on Fuel Distributor failures in M103 engines and is there any connection to the Methanol/Alcohol enhanced gasoline being sold in California. Here is what we know as of late 2010 and 2011.
- Fuel Distributors are now the first item being sold off junkyard Mercedes Benz cars in California.
- Fuel Mileage figures have gotten worse since they phased out non-Methanol enhanced Gasoline.
- Owners of all vehicles report, stalling, poor performance and poor fuel mileage.
- Small Engine repair shops have reported fuel system related failure rates increases between 50 to 75 %
- Boat engines failures have become an epidemic with the Methanol enhanced Gasoline soaking up water and also destroying rubber hose connections, gaskets and fiberglass fuel tanks.

Any thoughts or experiences to share ?

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 1988 300TE
5,432 Posts
Even more the reason to stick with Tier 1 gasoline (I use chevron exclusively and will drive the extra mile to find one) and keep regular use of fuel cleaner additives. Lesser of two evils...

·
Registered
190e2.6 sold, 300E part,300 SEL pending final verdict, 560SEL SOLD, 560 SEC Sold, 300 TD given away
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true, if you are lucky enough to have it available in your state. Found a good website;
Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Also a correction on my part, I meant Ethanol instead of Methanol, just got so mad with all the stuff they add to the gasoline in this state. Talk about hitting you in the pocket book.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts