Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 190E with the M102.910 engine which I'm having some issues with;
  • When standing still, sometimes it feels like the car is "rushing" a bit, and as the car is an automatic, I feel it wants to go.
  • It makes a strange puffing sound, for the lack of a better description. It only appears when the car has not been started for a while.
  • I think it is leaking gasoline somewhere, as I can smell it in the car.
I haver read a bit about the FPR, EHA, idle control valve and potentiometer, but can't make sense of it.
Any thoughts on what could be the cause?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a 190E with an M102 engine. I listened to the audio of your car and I have to say that it doesn't sound anything like my car. How many miles are on your car and do you have any past maintenance records for it that show what kind of work has previously been done on it? The reason I ask is to try to rule out what's already been done as possible culprits for the current problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 190E with an M102 engine. I listened to the audio of your car and I have to say that it doesn't sound anything like my car. How many miles are on your car and do you have any past maintenance records for it that show what kind of work has previously been done on it? The reason I ask is to try to rule out what's already been done as possible culprits for the current problems.
All right, makes sense. Current milage is almost 180'000 km. Apart from oil and filters, i've changed valve cover gasket, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, as well as engine temp sensor.
Any ideas as to what could be next? :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think I would go a little more basic at this point and suggest checking the fuel filter and the fuel lines. Any kind of a clog there can cause driveability issues. Before you do this I would first suggest getting to the bottom of the fuel leak which is dangerous and could be a myriad of things. Start by checking to see if there's any fuel on the ground and go from there. Check all of the connections in the fuel system as well as any hose cracking or other deterioration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts