Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am scheduled to drive the new m-class this weekend in San Francisco. Has anyone done it? Is it worth a 45 minute drive to race it around the track?

·
Registered
02 ML320, 96 C220
561 Posts
I'll be going on Saturday 11am. When's yours?

It'd be cooler to let us drive our own MLs on there just to compare side to side.

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2008 GL550, 2008 Ford F250 Superduty
815 Posts
i'll be there on sunday. i think my time is 11am. how bout an ML mini-meet?

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
856 Posts
my parents went today to the bay area event. You only get to drive the ML only and nothing else. No food and only water provided.

so ... you might get better experience at dealer.

·
Registered
1999 ML320
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sunday at 9 is my time

I will bring it. Look for a 99 white one with ML sport rims on it.

·
Registered
02 ML320, 96 C220
561 Posts
Did you guys go?

I was coming back from school for the weekend and decided to swing by around 5pm.

Like AE86 said, there was only that sparkling water offered as well as some candy supposibly. But everything was pretty much out by the time I got to it.

To the real deal, the event really sucked.... The track was small and didn't really show much. The "offroading" portion was just a huge diamond traversed plate which you're suppose to go onto and ocme off at an angle. Then there's some small logs you get to climb over which wasn't much of an offroading experience. They also had soap water grounds. I was pretty disappointed I'm not sure about you guys. I didn't bother going to my actual time and day after I went through everything in literally 15 minutes. I was in and out of that event that fast.

The tranny sucks too... it was very jerky and not smooth at all. I didn't like the gear shifter which is located on the steering column. It was too high tech I guess.... Took me a few seconds to figure out how to put it back into Park. Sucks you can't choose your gears like the older MLs with touch shift. Interior is cool though... that's about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts