Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am new to the forum and would like some help with an issue I am having with the mentioned vehicle.

I am getting an intermittent misfire when I come to a sudden stop and sometimes when at a stand still in traffic.

The misfire is only on the engine bank on your right if you stand in front the car.

We have changed coils, exhausts (in case of blocked cats), oxygen sensors, cleaned injectors, and changed fuel filter.

During the misfire the fuel pressure does not drop so we decided not to change the fuel pump.

A test was also carried out to be sure that the voltage to the coils was correct as recommended by a Benz tech.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
2001 ml320 and 2006 ml350 (sold)
711 Posts
i have occasional misfires myself...don't really know what it is...never figured out for sure

it usually happens when engine is below normal op temp...so i did just replace a couple weeks ago 002-540-14-97 Change-over Valve For Air Injection System in front of engine on left as you face engine...this is supposed to warm up cat's sooner...i did this since i read that improper functioning cat's can cause misfire...and this part did not seem to be working when i tested with ohmeter.

that is my 2 cents...i would say 1 in 50 chance this is it for my vehicle. but it only cost $29

·
Registered
452 Posts
Possible vacuum leak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts