Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have been on one of these Southern California Cruises put on by "ROLLGUY" and "imdji" you know that this will be a great time coming up on the 4th.

For those that have not been part of a cruise put on by these two, show up for this one for a great drive, meeting up with great people outside of our regular w126 circle, and just to make it really memorable, a visit to some outstanding collections that you would usually never get to see if not for an event like this.

The drives that I have been on have been very well done with a nice, casual scenic drive, a good lunch stop and plenty of time to meet your Benzworld neighbors and put faces to names.

All the info and a sign up thread:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/events/1555390-m-b-e-g-socal-car.html

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/events/1556236-m-b-e-g-socal-car.html

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
I'm in :D

Mike

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be great to see you again Mike (trooper6)!

Imagine about 3 times more Mercedes driving together up the southern California coast than what is shown in these pictures. This time the drive will be over the twisting roads of the hills from the coastal area to the inland desert. Something from nearly every decade from the 60's on forward was represented last time.

Even a beautiful limousine driven in the last cruise by a past classmate and friend of mine that I grew up with, but hadn't seen in nearly 30 years until the last cruise.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Greg,

I am bias but I love this picture. 2 SEC's (Kodiakj2 and Trooper6) relaxing in the sun :thumbsup:

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
I have to 2nd what Greg says about the cruises the brothers put on. The after events are always breathtaking. Both times they had "Someplace" to take us after the main drive and lunch is over, and both times I have been they were stunning and breathtaking homes of friends of theirs. But the homes were not was stunning, they were, but that was not the main attraction.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greg,

I am bias but I love this picture. 2 SEC's (Kodiakj2 and Trooper6) relaxing in the sun :thumbsup:

Mike
Hey Bondavi, come on down for this one and make it a hat trick! My bet is that this is going to be the best gtg/drive/museum event so far put on by the brothers!

Looks to be about 20 Mercedes signed up so far ranging from some really cool SLK's, s500's, a 280sl and a host of cool diesel models coming to this one. Oh, and a c36 I believe.

Can't wait for Saturday to get here.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Regrets from a Nor Cal would-be attendee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....Our lives can change in a flash.

I had my heart set on going, to this one, even to the extent of addressing things like new tires, front brakes and rotors, a master brake cylinder and a drivelime center bearing support
but before I could, even do THAT I slipped BADLY on black ice in the driveway, and I wrote this from a full leg cast over a broken right leg and ankle, and am told they will heal normally in due course.

But I won't be walking unaided until February 11 at the earliest, so I can't be there.

But I would love to see as many pic's as possible, if you can post them afterwards. I really really wanted to come but simply can't!!!

I truly love coming on cruises like these ones. They are awesome, and eye opening for a Nor Cal person to get to participate in, and I enjoy the folks who ar partof these events.

Best to all my friends in So Cal. Happy holidays to y'all and I hope to see you in the spring at this or other gtg in the spring when I am walking again, and the car is fully updated. Neither it nor I can go anywhere till then.

~~Jim

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
Best Wishes on a Speedy Recovery Jim. Sad to hear. I myself almost did the same thing on a patch here last month during the freeze.

What "Updates" do you have planned?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,732 Posts
Best Wishes on a Speedy Recovery Jim. Sad to hear. I myself almost did the same thing on a patch here last month during the freeze.

What "Updates" do you have planned?
+ 1 Hope you get well soon Jim.

·
Registered
1990 300SE
275 Posts
Hope you make a speedy recovery, Jim.

I wonder how the cruise went for the people that went. I had considered going, but I decided to learn how to do car detailing from a family friend of mine. My 420SEL has a long way to go before its presentable at such a fine cruise; 2 days spent so far, 1 on the interior, 1 on the exterior, and 2 more days to go on the exterior.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hope you make a speedy recovery, Jim.

I wonder how the cruise went for the people that went. I had considered going, but I decided to learn how to do car detailing from a family friend of mine. My 420SEL has a long way to go before its presentable at such a fine cruise; 2 days spent so far, 1 on the interior, 1 on the exterior, and 2 more days to go on the exterior.

CJay, all the people on these drives always make everyone feel welcome no matter what stage you are at in the rehab of your car. You can get some really good pointers from these guys that have already gone through the process of getting their w126's (or any model) into tip top shape. Very friendly group.

What a great event today that Dennis and Rich set up for us! An early meet and greet at the Mercedes Classic Center in Irvine with plenty of time to ogle over everyone's rides, then a nice mountain/canyon drive, a brief midway stop then off to Riverside for lunch and a special private tour of a cool collection at the end.

Plenty of coupes, sedans, convertibles, gassers and greasers to get to check out and what a great group of people in attendance! Something for everyone from most groups represented from Benzworld.

I am posting some rather raw pictures starting with the Classic Center in Irvine, parts of the actual drive on the Ortega Highway and then on to the midway point at Costco/Lowe's parking lot in Lake Elsinore.

We had a brief visit from the local police department in the parking lot midway (no officer, I have no idea who was driving the 3 cars that did 0-60 in no time in the empty lot behind Costco) to remind us to use our manners while visiting their fine city of Lake Elsinore.

I will import pictures here from the official photographer once he posts in a different thread for the entire event, but for now enjoy the following pictures until then.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While parts of the country were digging out from a brutal snowstorm, we had beautiful sunny conditions with just a bit of a nip in the air. A perfect day for a drive.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts