Registered
1981 300D "Betty" running Waste Vegetable Oil
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group
presents
soCal Car Collection Cruise
Saturday Dec. 4th

All Mercedes Benz automobiles are welcome.

We will meet at the Mercedes Benz Classic Center in Irvine for a meet and greet around 8:00 a.m.
We will leave the Classic center promptly at 9:30 a.m. and travel South on Interstate 5 to Ortega Hwy. (74),
then North over the mountains past Lake Elsinore, then North on Interstate 215 to Riverside for a lunch break at
The Old Spaghetti Factory in Riverside.
After lunch, we will visit a Private Car Collection located nearby in Riverside.
The private collection we will visit has been called "mind blowing" and the setting it's in is "spectacular".
As with all M.B.E.G. events, there will be a separate "Roll-Call" thread to sign up at.
If you have any questions, you can call me @ (626) 824-1726​

Click here for the Roll Call thread.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Tell all your friends, and save the date (Dec 4). As usual this will be well worth your time, so plan to stay for the whole day (should be done before 4:00 PM). They keep getting better and better!!

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
wow!

Your drives are the very best of the best, I would be honored to come as a long distance invitee.

I had to cancel at the last second for your last one, but would love to try again..

(This time I need to get 4 new tires, new brakes and a center support bearing and a new master brake cylinder first, before I go to So Cal. though)

First snow is expected up here in < 48 hours, and that surely is an additional impetus to attend, (if any was needed.)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Your drives are the very best of the best, I would be honored to come as a long distance invitee.
You are ALL (any car with a "Three Pointed Star") welcome to join us and you won't regret the time spent or miles driven......Rich

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor, 1970 280SL, 1991 300SL, 1970 SEL Limo
111 Posts
Rich,

Will you be stopping at Lake Elsinore? I'm tied up in the morning with another commitment that morning, but can meet you at the bottom of the hill near the lake. If so, for sure count me in. Always a great time with the group.

Michael C

·
Registered
419 Posts
Rich,

Will you be stopping at Lake Elsinore? I'm tied up in the morning with another commitment that morning, but can meet you at the bottom of the hill near the lake. If so, for sure count me in. Always a great time with the group.

Michael C
I am not sure where exactly we will stop. I will PM my phone #, and you can contact me on Saturday to see where we are.....Rich

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
Ahhh...sounds like another good time. I enjoyed the last one a lot so I can only imagine how good this one will be! I bet you get an even bigger group this go around with the private collections being automotive related!

Thanks for taking the time to organize these events! Count me in.

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor, 1970 280SL, 1991 300SL, 1970 SEL Limo
111 Posts
Hey Kodiak,
It will be great the see you and your beautiful SEC again.

Rich, thank you for putting on such wonderful events.

Michael C

·
Registered
W209 CLK500 & W220 S430
320 Posts
I am not sure where exactly we will stop.

I will PM my phone #,
and you can contact me on Saturday to see where we are.....

Rich
Costco at the 15 & HWY 74 has a big parking lot . . .

That goes over to the 215 north.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Costco at the 15 & HWY 74 has a big parking lot . . .
Red - That sounds like a good place to stop. I'll include it in the itinerary.......

·
Registered
'93 SL500 (sold), '88 GMC Sierra 360,000 miles, '86 Yamaha FJ1200 (criminally fast)
770 Posts
I would like to see other members, that have newer models & gas engines find out about this ride.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update!

Thanks to all that signed up so far.
Originally, we had planed to visit 2 private car collections, but the first collector had to cancel due to health issues.
Because we will be viewing only one collection, we will have more time to visit at lunch and have more time to see the 2nd collection and it's "surroundings"(you'll understand once you see it).
I've checked the weather, and although it will be cool, there is no chance of rain.
See you Saturday.......Dennis

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The links to the maps are on the first post. Rich will hand out maps from the restaurant to the collection after lunch. I have reserved a table @ The Old Spaghetti Factory for 20 at 11:30 under the name "M.B.E.G.". If you decide not to go on the drive with us and want to meet for lunch and to view the collection, that's OK, just let me know so I can change the reservation.
Any questions, you can call me @ (626) 824-1726.......Dennis

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Route map

Here is the link for the route map. Please print one for yourself.
We will have just one stop in the middle @ Costco to re-group. We will have 2 hours to travel 72 miles.
Please have your car fueled up and ready to go before leaving the Classic Center promptly at 9:30.
Remember, this is a drive, not a race. Drive safe and have fun.
See you Saturday morning.......Dennis

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
All,

Unfortunately my plans have changed and I will not be able to make it. Wife has to work and now I have to take my daughter to ballet which won't be finished until 1:30. By the time I could catch up with you guys the fun would be just about over. :crybaby2: I really looked forward to going. :crybaby2::crybaby2:

Mike

·
Registered
'93 SL500 (sold), '88 GMC Sierra 360,000 miles, '86 Yamaha FJ1200 (criminally fast)
770 Posts
Sorry.... I can't make it. I'm in O.C., but my MB is in S.D. this morning.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Rich and Dennis,

Our lives can change in a flash.

I had my heart set on going, to this one, even to the extent of addressing things like new tires, front brakes and rotors, a master brake cylinder and a drivelime center bearing support
but before I could, even do THAT I slipped BADLY on black ice in the driveway, and I wrote this from a full leg cast over a broken leg and ankle, and am told they will heal normally in due time.

But I won't be walking unaided until February 11 at the earliest, so I can't be there.

But I would love to see as many pic's as possible, if yu canpost them afterwards. I really reapy wante to come but simply can't!!!

Your tours are the BEST and well worth the drive!! I'd love to come to the next one, hopefully in the spring, and so hope alll you guys have a great time on today's cruise. I am with you in spirit, today !!

~~Jim

1 - 20 of 34 Posts