Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Lust for V12s

1239 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ychachad
After blasting MB for their poor performance in the J.D. Power quality ratings, yesterday I happened to run into a brand new S600 with the V12 ornaments. I admit, the new W220 chassis sedans are not as stately as our W140s, but they are still aweinspiring machines. The front facia is much much improved. I did not see the inside, as the car was moving. I followed him for a while, going in front, alongside, and staying behind for better studying the car. And the sight of the V12 on the front fender (moved from the C-pillar on the W140) was, well, magic. I am now lusting for a 12 banger. Suddenly, the W220 chassis looks very nice. ;)
My lust for a V12 will be quenched when I put one in my stable.
Y. Chachad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody else lusting for one eh? Either that or everyone but myself has one....

Nobody else lusting for one eh? Either that or everyone but myself has one.

· Registered
385 Posts
you aren't alone..

I'd love to upgrade to 1 of those 500HP V-12s.
[:D]

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
hahaha, althought I would like one, but I do not lust for one. I am happy with the V8 eng...

hahaha, althought I would like one, but I do not lust for one. I am happy with the V8 engine. I think the twin turbo V12 is a overkill unless where you live have no speed limit. Sure you could take it to the track, but I don't know if your insurance company would cover it if you race it and wreck it on the track.

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
I would love to have one, just for the pleasure of having 6000cc's under my gas pedal [:D]...

I would love to have one, just for the pleasure of having 6000cc's under my gas pedal [:D]

(and of course all the standard equipment that comes along!)

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I would love to have one, just for the pleasure of having 6000cc's under my gas pedal [:D]

really, who needs a V12? We all just want one. heh heh heh. In another 5 years, a 2004 S600 will be down to $40K. Time to buy in 2008. heh heh heh.
I would love to have one, just for the pleasure of having 6000cc's under my gas pedal [:D]

(and of course all the standard equipment that comes along!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.