Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
s500coupe
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my 1994 S500 coupe s lumber support does not work on either side, everything else works perfect, are the coupe s the same as the sedans(is pump under the rear seat?) how hard is it to remove a coupes rear seat, cheers Andrew

·
Registered
1995 S500 coupe, 1990 Mazda Miata
694 Posts
Very easy to remove the rear seat. There are two levers along the bottom that you press outwards and the seat pops right out. The pump is under the right side seat in a foam box. The hose for the lumbar supports is gray and the nipple on the pump is marked "P" if I remember correctly. Be careful when disconnecting the hose as the nipple on the pump is easy to break. You should have air blowing out of the nipple when you turn the lumbar adjustment on the seat up. I think the air release, when you turn it down, is at the switch.

·
Registered
'04 G55 '80 280GE '99 S420 '98 E320 2011 E350 2016 GLA250
3,093 Posts
While you have the fittings off, I would "Pump Up" the Bladders, Manually, just to make sure you don't have bilateral Bladder Leaks.

Using an open-end 7mm Spanner is a safe way to remove the Fittings. Place the spanner under the collar of the Grey fitting, and pull STRAIGHT UP.
What you DON'T want to do is break the "nipple" on the PSE pump itself... Otherwise--> CHA CHING!!$$$$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts