Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Luke,

Ok, I am getting a bit more realistic on my '02 SLK 32 wheels and tires. I lifted this directly from the AMG site and would like to stick with the original Pilot Sports (unless you recommend something else...) Do you offer the combo and, if so, how much please?

AMG Dual multi-pieced spoked wheel - (Styling IV) sterling silver
8.5x18 ET 30 tire size 225/40 (front)
8.5x18 ET 30 tire size 255/40 (rear)

Once I add these, do you think I will have to change the suspension to keep the spacing within the wheel wells looking "right"?

Finally, is this the best set-up possible from a lower/wider stance perspective without rolling fenders?

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
AMG Dual multi-pieced spoked wheel - (Styling IV) sterling silver
8.5x18 ET 30 tire size 225/40 (front)
8.5x18 ET 30 tire size 255/40 (rear)

a couple of things to consider .... I did the same search that you did and came up with the wheels you listed but, they are designed for the front of an SL not an SLK ..... and secondly using a staggered tire set up on none staggered wheels will actually hurt the cars handling

so I would suggest we take a different tact and keep looking

What about this wheel

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I wondered about that as well... because

they were 8.5s all the way around. I did a little searching yesterday and was told that they make the multi piece styling IV in a 7.5... But if that was the case, I couldn't figure out why the AMG site wouldn't show it.

I like the wheel you show, but I really like the look of the twin spoke on the stock amg wheels...

What's up with the new wheel on the slk? Is that available for purchase or is it just marketing?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/messages.asp?messno=86873&id=20

1 - 5 of 5 Posts