Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I´m in the process of buying a set of tyres and rims for my 230 SLK -98.
The rims are BBS Challange 8,5*18" ET 32.
Will these rims fit my SLK if I put 225/40*18 tyres in front and rear 255/35*18?
Is ET 32 ok?
How important is the "Center bore" I have read that the SLK has 66.6 mm. Is it possible to go higer or lower or does it need to be precise?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The center bore must be precise. Unlike most cars which use studs and lug nuts to cente...

The center bore must be precise. Unlike most cars which use studs and lug nuts to center the wheel, Merdedes cars use the hub for that purpose.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
center bore needs to be precise on all cars... high quality aftermarket wheels use a hubce...

center bore needs to be precise on all cars... high quality aftermarket wheels use a hubcentric ring to achieve this which works very well

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does BBS Challange have this "hubcentric ring "?.....

...and in other words will this set of BBS Challange that used to be on an Audi S2 -91, fit my MB SLK 230 -98

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
The BBS Chahallenge wheel shipped to the states does incorporate the use of hubcentric r...

The BBS Chahallenge wheel shipped to the states does incorporate the use of hubcentric rings. I am not 100% positive about the ones in Europe but, I believe they also use the rings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts